Quantcast
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

What forums do you want to see...

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by tom, Oct 19, 2014.

1. tom

tom Administrator Staff Member

I think it's time to add a few new forums but I want your feedback on how to structure the forums going forward. I want to add at least one private forum that we can use for sharing trade ideas. Trading Groups could also have their own private forum. From my Sheridan Mentoring days, I don't recall the forums being used much for the trading groups, but perhaps that's because it's so censored.

Let me know your thoughts?

Thanks!

2. Bohdan

Bohdan Well-Known Member

I like your thoughts on a private forum for sharing specific trade ideas with precise risk/reward parameters.

3. Rod M

Rod M Well-Known Member

Tom: I am not sure how to post questions that do not pertain to any existing forums, without starting a new forum myself. Any suggestions would be appreciated.

4. tom

You can always put it in "General Discussion" as that's kind of a free-for-all. What is your question about?

5. Kevin Lee

Kevin Lee Well-Known Member

Maybe strategy specific forum.... eg. Weirdor, M3, Weeklies etc... People can share ideas, results and post questions.

6. tom

Kevin, are you thinking one forum for all of strategies or separate them into different forums?

7. Kevin Lee

Maybe one each for the popular strategies and one catch-others bucket

8. Rod M

Rod M Well-Known Member

Tom: One suggestion...Maybe a forum to discuss recent "Guest Presentations." We are not all at the same level, and what may sound simplistic to one person, might need more discussion for someone else. Many of these "Guest Presentations" have been heavily weighted toward "sales presentations" for the presenter's services, so maybe more discussion is needed for a particular topic.

In my opinion, the presentations you and Jim make each week are the best, as they are 100 percent information we can use, with 0% sales.

9. Rod M

Rod M Well-Known Member

If this is done, the maybe add a forum for Volatility Trading....ie current suggestions for Insurance Trades, etc.

10. tom

I like the idea of a volatility trading forum.

The guest speakers for the Round Table should have some sales stuff to promote whatever they are doing. It's natural to show people what they have so you can contact them for more if you're interested. I know if I was speaking somewhere else, i'd mention our site :)

11. Kevin Lee

One other thing which I think is very useful to traders are practical tips.... such as entry techniques, how to get a reasonable price for entry and exit, what are the nuances of trading far OTM options etc... things that veteran traders like Jim can lead and others can also share. Not sure where this topic fits - maybe a "Practical Tips" forum?

12. Rod M

Rod M Well-Known Member

I agree...however I would find it interesting to have a forum to discuss the presentations...maybe the comments section for each presentation already allows for this.
    No argument here...however, I would find it interesting (and maybe others would as well) to have a forum where we could discuss the presentations ...what we learned, liked, disliked, etc. I would like to see if others had the same thoughts that I did. For instance, I dont trade credit spreads on stocks, but if I saw several people commenting that they liked to do this, etc...I would rethink my position.

13. tom

Good point Rod. I have a lot of forums to create I think :)

14. Trader G

Trader G Well-Known Member

Probably could be a sub forum of trading ideas but maybe something pertaining to longer term ideas? Longer term calendars, diagonals, collars, etc.
    Another possible sub forum in trading ideas would be one dedicated to hedging. Ideas people have for protecting from big drops and different products people are using to protect their portfolio up and down (like VX futures, XIV, etc.)

15. Rod M

Rod M Well-Known Member

Tom: I, for one, would like to see more real-time "Track The Trades" from you and Jim. I always like to model these in OptionVue and paper trade them in IB. Watching how you manage the trades is invaluable.

16. tom

Update... I've been working on the back end for Marc Principato to start his "Swing Signals" which is ready for Marc now. He's going to start his signals this week. I'll be addressing the new forums now. Sorry for the delay!