Quantcast
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

What after Brexit???

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Centaura, Jun 29, 2016.

Tags:
  1. Centaura

Centaura Guest

Looking forward to invest again after the Brexit effect and i would prefer tech stock and to go with tech stocks i would probaly look forward to AMZN stock.The formula has made Amazon.com one of the largest retailers in the world and shareholder a fortune. AMZN stock had its initial public offering at a split-adjusted price of $1.73 per share in May of 1997. As a June 2016, Amazon stock trades at over $700.00 per share. A $1,000 investment back then would be worth over $400,000 today.

Last edited by a moderator: Jun 29, 2016
  2. status1

status1 Well-Known Member

Sure it's easy to look back now and calculate how much you could have made if you invested 20 years ago but the question is if not knowing what would happen in 20 years would you have invested the money then and not take profits for 20 years and worry every time the market crashes if you will ever make back the money ?

Personally if I knew about options back than as much as I know now I would be trading bwb's although that was a different time so I am nut sure if there were many discount brokers back then or that can do options online but theoretically speaking if you could average 1500/mo in 20 years you could have 360k today and you could make even more if you scale up and take advantage of market crashes

As far as Brexit goes I am not sure if it makes any difference when you invest if you are looking to keep the investment for 20 years But are you 100% sure it will make another 400k in 20 years ? What you will do if there is another crash like in 2008 and maybe you are close to retirement ? Are you going to hold on just to get back to even or many more years after that just to make the 400k ?