Quantcast
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

WebEx and Windows 10

Discussion in 'Water Cooler' started by tom, Aug 28, 2015.

1. tom

tom Administrator Staff Member

I read on WebEx's web site that Windows 10 is not officially supported yet. Specifically, the Edge browser does not work yet. WebEx suggests using Internet Explorer. I suggest trying Google Chrome too.

2. ACS

ACS Well-Known Member

I cannot get Webex to work in Windows 10 with IE11 or Firefox. Cisco has no excuse for this problem. They have had months to work on it and GoToMeeting has worked flawlessly with Windows 10.

3. tom

My Cisco VPN client wouldn't work with windows 10 either so I reverted to Windows 7. When I was on active duty with the Air Force, our standard operating procedure for new operating systems was to wait until the first service pack was released before using it :)

When I search for "webex windows 10" on google, I see a page on webex.com that says this in the description:
    "Windows 10 support is planned for WBS 30.1 and 29.13.40"

This is the link

Clicking on it has an error. The next question is when will those versions be released?

4. GreenZone

GreenZone Well-Known Member

I'm using Windows 10 and Google Chrome, and WebEx works fine.

5. tom

Thanks for the info Ron :)

6. tom

I just received this email from WebEx:

Dear Cisco WebEx Customer,

We recently wrote to inform you of an upgrade to your site, https://cd.webex.com , on Tue Sep 1, 2015 between 7pm and 11:59pm PDT(GMT-7).

Due to scheduling conflicts, we unfortunately need to reschedule this activity, and will be applying an updated version, WBS30.1, to your WebEx services (incorporating limited Windows 10 support and additional bug fixes). The planned upgrade will now take place on Wed Sep 16, 2015 between 7pm and 11:59pm PDT(GMT-7).

We apologize for any inconvenience this may cause and appreciate your understanding.

Sincerely,
    WebEx Customer Services
    Cisco Systems, Inc.

7. ACS

ACS Well-Known Member

Today Webex worked with IE 11 in Windows 10 for the Trading Group 2 webinar so hopefully everything is OK now.