Quantcast
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Video Capture Software/Program?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Boomer34, May 24, 2016.

1. Boomer34

Boomer34 Well-Known Member

Hey Guys...

I'm wanting some feedback and recommendations for a video capture program...With all the videos I'm watching online (TG2, Locke's materials, Round tables...), I would love to record them as I watch them, so I can watch again offline at a later date...and I believe someone (maybe Tom) mentioned that some programs allow you to speed up the playback...

Thanks for the feedback!

2. tom

tom Administrator Staff Member

You can speedup the playback online at YouTube and Wistia. If you have the MP4, you can use Option+clicking the play button on a Mac to speed up the playback. In Windows media player, right click on the video while it's playing and choose "Enhancements" > "Play speed settings" to control the playback speed.

If you want to record the screen and audio, on Windows I use Camtasia studio from Tech Smith and Screen Flow on a Mac.

3. stevegee58

stevegee58 Well-Known Member

The browser plug-in "video download helper" is a very reliable way to download videos from youtube and various other video hosting sites.
    For doing desktop video capture try out CamStudio. I've used it in the past and it works just fine, plus it's free.

4. Boomer34

Boomer34 Well-Known Member

Thanks...I am using a Mac if that matters...

5. tom

tom Administrator Staff Member

Since you're a Gold member, you can right click on the Capital Discussions MP4 videos and save them to your computer. :)

6. Jim Clements

Jim Clements Active Member