Tradier Brokerage

Discussion in 'Online Brokers' started by kgbist, Aug 15, 2018.

1. kgbist

kgbist Member

Hi,
    They has very cheap commissions does anyone have any experience with them?

2. status1

status1 Well-Known Member

I looked at them in the past but I could not figure out how it works
    When you click on the platform you get all kinds of other company platforms so it's not clear if tradier has it's own platform or is this some kind of partnership
    If that is the case than should I assume that the platform is free or do I have to pay a separate fee to use another company's platform so if that is the case than it may or may not be so cheap
    Sounds too good to be true so I figure it must have a catch somewhere

3. G...

G... Member

It's a very small company, I used it before and I don't like it at all. Their commission is not cheap enough because they have ticket charge.
    I don't recommend it.

4. status1

Thanks for the review
    How does that platform work ?
    Do they have their own platform or do you have to choose one of the companies listed ?
    Do you have to pay extra fees depending on which platform you use ?

I looked at one of them (TradeHawk) and they want $59/mo so that is on top of the option fee but if you trade more than 300 contracts the fee is waved
    so it's not too bad if you trade a lot of contracts I don't trade that many so it's not that cheap to me
    Sounds too complicated when you have to go through 2 companies to place one trade

5. G...

G... Member

They have a simple web platform to place the order, it works but I don't like it, it's too much work for me. I subscribed Optionsnet explorer as their 3rd party platform, but the order still need to send to their simple web platform. 3rd party platform is a kind of joke for me because most of the time, Optionnet explorer were unable to connect to this broker account ( I never have problem connect Optionnet explorer to my Optionshouse account), they also don't have RUT quote. Login their web account is also annoying, they often ask me security code ( sent to my email), if I put the wrong info few times, the account will get locked,and I have to call their customer service to unlock. For customer service, I called few times, most of the times it's the same person on the phone, he's also the person who reply my Emails. You can see how small this company is.

Last edited: Aug 16, 2018
  6. status1

Thanks for the info.
    I know what you mean on the security code I had one at an online bank and every time I download my statement I have to punch in the number from the screen of my pc into the phone Very annoying Good thing not all the banks have that security Same for brokers
    So I can safely cross tradier off my list of possible brokers I was considering