Quantcast
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Trade Alert Service

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by NoMoWork, Dec 14, 2016.

1. NoMoWork

NoMoWork Member

New guy here, and have been watching the trade alerts come in all week. Is there a way to indicate if an alert is for a new position being put on vs adjustments to existing trades? It's probably obvious and I'm just missing it.

2. DGH

DGH Administrator

I think this may vary according to the Service. For the RTT Service, I label new trade launches as such. Adjustments to existing positions are labelled as "working order" (W.O.), Fills, "Add layer", etc. I don't think that we have a comprehensive method which would work for all the different Services unless we add a new code on our (administrative) end which would label "New", "Adjustment", etc. We do have similar labels as filter headers which might be used to filter text messages. I try to use these headings on every trade, but I occasionally forget to tag one correctly. In any event, I think that regular subscribers to a service don't have any difficulty in recognizing a new trade vs. an adjustment to an existing trade. Hope this helps.

3. Edward

Edward Well-Known Member

Simple..
    Just look at the open position tab, if an alert adjustment is in the same expiration week as a open position it's an adjustment.

4. MattW

MattW Member

I will try to be clear with my alerts for the FruitFly, although we will only have one trade on at a time, so if if you have a position on and we make a trade that doesn't close the whole position, that would be an adjustment trade.