Quantcast
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

ToS Update Screwing up Marks

Discussion in 'Options' started by N N, Oct 9, 2015.

1. N N

N N Well-Known Member

I've been forward testing M3, Calendars, etc on ToS paper account for a little while now. Originally I was doing it via Excel and then discovered ToS paper account and found it much easier. But ever since the 'beautification' I've been getting CRAZY p&L, due to mismarkings. For example:

[​IMG]
    The weekly option was marked at 0.02 the day before and shows 0.65 loss. The MAR SPY Put showing down 3+ pts when market is basically unchanged at -0.28 and no movement in vol (in fact it probably was up!)

Here's another issue, on 9/29 and 9/30 I have 0.00 P&L for 90% of the names under account statement!
    [​IMG]

Anyone else having this problem? I'm talking with ToS Support as well and they are like pulling teeth! Thanks!

2. N N

N N Well-Known Member

Took about 2 weeks of daily back & forth with ToS support and they finally admitted there is a bug in the update. In addition to the above errors I had P&L on 10/3! That's a Saturday. I sent them a screenshot and they really couldn't argue anymore. Hopefully it gets fixed but not holding my breath!

3. N N

N N Well-Known Member

Am I the only one having these issues the past few days?

tos11.JPG
    My marks in SPX and VIX options have been horrendously off! And ToS support, forget about it...

4. status1

status1 Well-Known Member

I am not sure how you are forward testing other than just advance the days to expiration but
    I do agree that some bugs have entered into the program It seems that every time they try to improve something inevitably something else gets messed up
    I can't comment on what you found since I am not paying attention to that issue but I have found other things like the bp effect on the paper trade is wrong and the On demand is useless for calendar spreads if you are looking at the risk graph I guess will have to wait for the next release and see what else is messed up

5. N N

N N Well-Known Member

That's not forward testing or analytics, that's just PRICE! The P&L shows 0.00 many days in account statements, just an overall disaster trying to paper trade.

I also have the APP, which I think is great, but has COMPLETELY different P&L very often. Anyone else having this issue at all?

6. status1

I guess I don't know what you mean by forward testing then
    The P/L in my paper trade account looks fine to me I have 84.43 showing in the risk graph and 85 on the monitor tab
    I can't say I have ever seen it to show 0 for P/L when I actually have a trade active

7. N N

N N Well-Known Member

Just wanted to bump this thread again and see if it's just me with issues because it's super frustrating and I want to kill ToS support lol! Here's Acct Statement for yesterday, during the day the SCO SHORT position (was down ~20 pts 1/21) showed +$12,500 and today it's showing -$2,150. An hour ago it was showing +$13,800!! Yes, it changed!!! And I have positions in the other names which are showing 0 also obviously wrong.

upload_2016-1-22_8-50-39.png

I'm pulling my hair out because it USED to work properly. Now a lot of my data is incorrect! Is this only me on my computer?

Also what about mobile ToS? I get different P&L from mobile to Desktop, is one more accurate than another? Please help!

8. Scott Slivnik

Scott Slivnik Well-Known Member

I only trade RUT and SPX and have not noticed unexpected P&Ls in ThinkOrSwim. Also, the P&Ls matched between the desktop application and iOS app each time I looked. Your ThinkOrSwim installation on the desktop may have corrupt file(s). Have you tried installing ThinkOrSwim from scratch on a different computer? My hunch is the mobile app is showing you the correct P&Ls.

9. N N

N N Well-Known Member

Somehow I made $50,000....on Saturday!!!
    upload_2016-1-23_17-29-14.png
    I tried re-installing on this computer, will have to try on another one I guess.

10. status1

I would not rely too much on the paper trade account for accuracy as a comparison to a live account The paper trade account should be used just to practice on how to place trades and get used to the platform before using the live trade
    Whatever fills you get on the paper trade account it's not guaranteed that it will be filled in a live account I got filled one time in a paper trade account for $5.50 on a $5 wide spread so that's a 50 cent win no matter how far the stock moves in either direction

Most recently I noticed in the paper trade account that if I look at the zero line on the price slice I can see that SPX is still trading after hours and on the weekend Apparently after talking to TOS support they said it could be because it's using the SPX futures and looks like that was the case after I checked the futures prices This does not happen in the live account

I would try to place a small trade in a live account and see if you still have the same problem before you investigate the problem any further It could be a glitch in the data for the paper trade account so reinstalling TOS will not help with that

I don't think TOS support can do too much or at least they are not going to be in a big hurry to fix this
    Right now I can't get into TOS to check anything Who know maybe they are working on another release Hopefully they will fix some of these issues without causing new problems