Quantcast
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Tom's Trading Update

Discussion in 'Options' started by tom, Aug 30, 2014.

1. tom

tom Administrator Staff Member

I just posted Friday, August 29, 2014 trade update video.

http://cdurl.us/p1395

I thought I'd put the notices that the videos are posted in a separate thread because I have four trades on versus updating four forum threads.

Enjoy the video and the long Labor Day weekend!

2. tom

3. tom

Trade Update for Wed Sep 3, 2014

http://cdurl.us/p1429

Summary:
    6E trade is about at break even. EURUSD rallied a bit today and volatility came out. Still a lot of time to go to expiration. Nothing to do.
    SPX flies are all doing well. 9 day expiring trade has a guaranteed $1222 profit. The trade expiring on Sep 19th is +$500 and could easily increase if SPX stays in the same region it is in now. The DEC trade is -$49 but looking to have a profit in the next 20-60 days. This could be +25% to +100% depending on what SPX does.

4. tom

Trade Update.

I just recorded a video but the screen was blank.It's nearly 6am so I'm going to get some sleep and try recording it again later. Bottom line:
    SPX is doing great
    6E is in trouble. EURUSD plummeted today down about 200 pips on ECB news and a Russian General's comments about when they would use nukes against NATO targets. I've stabilized the trade. More later!

5. tom

6. marat

marat Well-Known Member

I got hit on my euro trade as well. It was somewhat similar to your trade, but shorter duration and had naked puts. I covered up and it could still make some money, we will see upload_2014-9-5_21-34-56.png

7. tom

That looks pretty similar. I hope the shorter DTE works. Good chance it will. Keep us updated!

8. tom

9. tom

Last edited: Sep 12, 2014
  10. tom

I rolled my trade down and converted it to a put credit spread with a -10 delta. I want to see if the market is going to stabilize. I'm 500 pips from trouble now so it should be ok as we've already come down 300 or so. If it does keep moving lower, I'll cut and roll as needed.

11. marat

marat Well-Known Member

I also rolled my shorts puts down to put them out of harms way. Rolled short calls as well and also added call debit spread. Mine is a shorter DTE so the main goal was to flatten the curve. The trade is obviously in the red but overall it is still valid in my opinion. The margin remained nearly the same upload_2014-9-10_21-9-47.png

Last edited: Sep 11, 2014
  12. tom

That looks ok to me. Hopefully the EURUSD continues sideways and volatility comes out. That would help both of our trades quite a bit.

13. marat

marat Well-Known Member

Let's hope so. I am leaning more to the downside. Anything can happen of course, but I just don't see it going up.

14. tom

i was glad to see a bit of a rally in the EURUSD today. Let's hope it keeps going up :cool:

15. marat

marat Well-Known Member

Sure you got the put credit spread there ;), how about it it sits there for a while till I break even :mad:. Saw a guy on CNBC today talking about euro going to parity with dollar. That would be something ...

16. tom

Parity with the dollar would be great for my mortgage :)

17. tom

Trade update for Friday September 2, 2014
    I added a RUT call credit spread to my SPX butterflies and 6E futures options trades. The 6E trade is recovering and the SPX flies are doing ok. I did add a SPX put debit spread to smooth out the T+0 line a bit for the OCT 11 expiration.

Video Update is at http://cdurl.us/p1505

18. tom

Trading Update for Monday 15 September 2014
    It took longer to produce the Market Analysis so I'm going to have to do this before the market opens tomorrow. Quickly, the RUT calls I sold on Friday for a $1000 credit is now at +$800 profit now due to the large drop in RUT today (Yeah). SPX and 6E went sideways so the 6E losses are marginally smaller and SPX is about the same as Friday.

19. marat

marat Well-Known Member

My euro trade also recovered a bit, but no cigar yet. IV is still up. upload_2014-9-15_21-25-50.png

20. tom