To M3 or not to M3...that is the question (When using ONE software)

Discussion in 'OptionNET Explorer' started by mallums, Nov 1, 2016.

1. mallums

mallums Member

Seeking advice:

I'm studying John Locke's M3 trade and am a bit concerned that I won't be getting accurate Greek readings using the ONE software. I've read through several forum posts looking for the experiences others have had and it seems that the only consensus I'm finding is that using OV is the only way to get accurate Greeks readings.

I know that ONE has had a number of upgrades over the past year and wanted to know if the discrepancies in the Greeks are still an issue. Any and all advice is greatly appreciated.

Cheers!

2. ACS

ACS Well-Known Member

The issue with ONE is not that the model isn't "accurate" it's that the model produces different Greeks than OV. The trade was designed by John using OV Greeks and therefore if you adjust the trade using ONE you will get a different P&L. The solution is that you will need to do some extensive back testing with ONE so that you can find out how the trade behaves and develop your own adjustment guidelines.

Wes Y and Murphy Tan like this.
  3. mallums

mallums Member

I believe I understand. Thank you very much for the information. Nothing worth while is ever easy, eh? ;)