This past weekend's TOS update

Discussion in 'Online Brokers' started by garyw, Mar 29, 2018.

1. garyw

garyw Well-Known Member

The TOS update on 3/25/18 seems to have addressed the reliability degradation introduced about a month ago with a prior forced update. Prior to this weekend's update, TOS was unable to continue running unattended for more than 48 hours. The G-Tool reports are "regular" again, since TOS has been operational. (knock on wood)

FYI: After the first update this past weekend on Saturday (I think), I discovered two new bugs that were introduced (Either on Saturday, or Sunday morning). I reported both bugs, and received responses, and they addressed both with the Sunday update. This is first time this has occurred and was unexpected. (they backed out the bugs)

Also, Here is one of my questions and their response. (I have not verified it yet, as this "could have been" feature in the "failed" update.
    A) Has the 10 linked account maximum been increased? -- If so, what is the new restriction?
    Yes, I can confirm that the new maximum is over 100 now.

2. DGH

DGH Administrator

Thanks for the update, Gary. Good to know that reliable G Tool Reports are running again.

3. status1

status1 Well-Known Member

Just out of curiosity what is the "G-Tool report" ?

I also noticed they fixed the problem with the disappearing drop down menu in the analyzer tab
    The problem was when I would click on the quantity to select 1,2,5 or 10 as soon as I move the mouse over the list it would disappear so I could only change it with the arrows up or down

4. DGH

DGH Administrator

G Tool stands for Gary's (Whitlock) Report. He developed a semi-automated program which uses our Entry Tool criteria for selecting suitable RTT candidates. Basically, the G Tool looks at the SPX option universe and performs the calculations required by the Entry Tool criteria (listed on the website). There are also 2 or 3 videos on the website explaining the G Tool.

5. status1

status1 Well-Known Member

So this not in TOS this is external to TOS ?
    Sort of like the RTD the G tool is just connected to TOS to get the data for the G tool ?

6. garyw

garyw Well-Known Member

@ status1:
    Yes! TOS is the current source for live pricing, and via RTD for the G-Tool.

7. DGH

DGH Administrator

Hi status1. Yes, as Gary said above. The G Tool is available to RTT subscribers only, as is the original Entry Tool. Gary's G Tool Reports are available every day on the RTT Class Page. They list new entry candidates, Add On candidates, and Baby Butter candidates.