Sweep vehicle options for corporate accounts

Discussion in 'Online Brokers' started by garyw, Jun 5, 2018.

1. garyw

garyw Well-Known Member

Desiring to compare notes:
    One of my accounts at TD Ameritrade is a Sub-chapter S corporate account. The only FDIC Insured option available for a cash sweep vehicle is their TDA Cash sweep @0.01% for corporate accounts (regardless of cash balance)! -- Non-corporate accounts have additional options up to a tad over 0.3% (a function of cash in the account).
    I would like to know if someone with a corporate account is getting better FDIC insured rates on a cash sweep!

2. Steve S

Steve S Well-Known Member

Forget FDIC ... go for the money market sweep. For the entity accounts they force you into the government fund at about 1%, for personal accounts you can get another 20-30 bps.

3. garyw

garyw Well-Known Member

Last time I did that with TDA, My funds were frozen for years! The loss was understandable with the Lehman mess, but the inability to access my "safe" remaining funds was unacceptable. -- I need to loose a few more memory cells before ready to try that again.

Mark17 likes this.