Quantcast
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

SPX Mar 24 weekly no data

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by status1, Jan 13, 2017.

1. status1

status1 Well-Known Member

I was wondering if anyone else is having a problem with not receiving any data for the SPX Mar 24 weekly expiration
    When I looks at the trade tab in TOS all I get is N/A for everything
    Everything else has data except for this weekly expiration
    I know it was added just a few days ago but why add it if there is no data to go with it ?

2. Harry

Harry Well-Known Member

I see the same issue with mobile app. I see data for March 17 (previous expiry) and March 31 (next expiry) but none for March 24. I have seen TOS blank out many a times but this seems even more unusual since only specific expiries are missing data.

3. status1

I sent them an email about that but I have to wait for a response after the holiday

4. status1

Well it looks like they took it off from TOS because I don't see it listed anymore in the trade tab
    I guess maybe they put it out too early or maybe they have issues with it There were other weeklies missing too but I see they added the 10 Mar expiration and yet they already have the 24 Apr and 31 May weeklies which are a lot further in the future

5. status1

Well than again maybe not
    I got a reply from TDAmeritrade yesterday saying that "The exchanges have not yet issued the weekly contracts past March 10th"
    They are saying this despite the 2 weeklies (Apr, May) that are already out there listed with data
    So that was fine since they took it back on Sunday but I checked again today and the Mar 24 weekly is listed again and same as a few days ago N/A all over

6. AKJ

AKJ Well-Known Member

See the link and screenshot below from the CBOE website. The reason TDAmeritrade is showing N/A is because there is no trading yet in the 3/24 weeklies. No bids/offers/volume/OI. There simply isn't any data for you to see. I would have to agree with TD's statement that CBOE has not yet listed weeklies past 3/10.

So why are you seeing the data for the April and May expirations as you mentioned earlier? Well those aren't really weeklies, per se. They are end-of-month options, which expire on 4/28 and 5/31. Although the root is SPXW, they follow a different listing schedule than the weeklies.

http://www.cboe.com/delayedquote/quotetable.aspx

upload_2017-1-18_20-14-32.png

7. status1

Thanks for the explanation
    Yes I figured that it has no data I was just wondering why it was listed without data ?
    I got another reply from TDAmeritrade saying that CBOE may have listed it briefly but than removed the listing
    That was ok for the first time but than they did it again yesterday they listed it than removed it today
    It seems like they are playing games with it or maybe they are trying to test something

I wasn't sure who is responsible for showing the weeklies on TOS Is it up to TDAmeritrade or as soon as it's released from CBOE it shows up on TOS without TSAmeritrade having to do anything