SPX +9560% today! Wow!

Discussion in 'OptionVue Forum' started by tom, Jul 14, 2017.

1. tom

tom Administrator Staff Member

My OptionVue Quote Display is showing SPX +2524.68 +9560% today! And I didn't think markets crashed up...

2017-07-14_16-33-09.png

2. Rick

Rick Active Member

was that with V 8.25 which is available today?

3. Paul Demers

Paul Demers Well-Known Member

As they said in the movie "sell Mortimer sell".

4. tom

tom Administrator Staff Member

Version 8.22

5. PK

PK Well-Known Member

I downloaded and tested 8.25. I still encounter problems with expirations I am not able to include and strikes for open positions that have to be entered manually but from time to time do not show up on the matrix etc.. Went back to 8.22 and do not miss the new features of the 8.23/24/25 updates. I went through the release notes of the last updates and the number of bugs detected (and presumably fixed) in the 8.25 version is much longer and includes more serious issues than in previous versions, which may indicate that the enhancements made in the 8.23/24 versions messed up the software quite a bit.

6. Dorian

Dorian New Member

I think that at Capital Discussions we need a few volunteers that would take turns taking the risk of downloading each new update and then letting the rest of us know if the update has problems or not. I updated to 8.24 but had to ask Optionvue to give me the link to go back to 8.22. From the posts it is too risky to update to 8.25. When 8.26 comes out we need some system of knowing whether it safe or not.

7. Marcas

Marcas Well-Known Member

I'd like to hear about new hedging techniques...

8. Gabor Maly

Gabor Maly Well-Known Member

As mentioned in recent posts always make a backup copy of your OV folder before upgrading. This way you can just go ahead try out the new version an revert back to old version at will if something is broken.