Quantcast
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Short options priced at 10¢ or less

Discussion in 'Online Brokers' started by status1, Sep 30, 2017.

1. status1

status1 Well-Known Member

I got an email today from Etrade saying they will wave the commissions for short options priced at less than 10 cents
    That is better than TD where it's only 5 cents
    Let's see if they will try to mach or beat it

2. Marcas

Marcas Well-Known Member

What are commissions there?

3. status1

"Commissions for equity and options trades are $6.95 with a $0.75 fee per options contract. To qualify for $4.95 commissions for equity and options trades and a $0.50 fee per options contract, you must execute at least 30 equity or options trades per quarter."

So it's quite competitive with the other discount brokers I already have an account there
    I also had an account at TradeMonster and Optionshouse So after Optionshouse merged with Trademonster than Etrade merged with both of them now I have 3 separate accounts at Etrade although they have 2 separate trading platforms and the base commission for OptionHouse is $4.95/0.50

The TOS platform is the best but unfortunately due to the cyber security at the place I work they don't allow any other software to be installed or used that is not approved by the administrator Unfortunately the TradeArchitect which is their online version is one of the worst compared to Etrade and OptionHouse
    It's easier to set up a trade on TOS at home for the next day than just use the online version for any cancel/replace action

4. Marcas

Marcas Well-Known Member

Oh my! I realized that I also have account at Etrade as I was trading with Optionshouse for a while. Being quite busy I didn't look at ETrade platform yet. I assume that I still have my org. rates from OH (I think I was trading 5/5 10/10 or something like that). Do they have mobile platform as well? Are you using it?

5. status1

Yes they are also doing some changes to the trade platform at OptionsHouse so you mat want to get more familiar with it
    I just looked at it now and I found a Youtube video showing the OptionsHouse mobile app

I am not using any mobile app as I don't have a contract phone plus I don't feel comfortable trading complex options without a risk graph It's probably ok for stock trades but I am only into options now

6. Marcas

Marcas Well-Known Member

Thanks, I will look into it.
    I'm still waiting for my type mobile app. 'My type' means modular blocks that I can chose from to install or not to get features I want. For now they are working hard on cool improvements I don't need or care about that only make app heavier and more complicated to navigate.
    All above applies to desktops as well (yes, TOS, I'm talking about you!)