Quantcast
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Save and Restore Predefined Option Strikes and Expirations

Discussion in 'OptionVue Feature Requests' started by tom, Jun 24, 2017.

1. tom

tom Administrator Staff Member

The "Define" button on the Matrix page let's you change the Strikes and Expirations on the "Options" tab.
    Since I trade SPX and ES options and I'm limited to 1000 symbols, I customize the strikes and expirations OV loads so the software doesn't get too slow.
    When going from live trading to back trader and back to live trading, OptionVue frequently forgets strikes or expirations that have open positions so I spend countless time comparing my live strikes/expirations to what OptionVue has loaded. I can't trust my risk charts until I review the strikes/expirations to ensure I'm not missing any so I am looking at the real position.

My suggestion is to allow users to save the currently defined strikes/expirations for any underlying and have a button to restore them. Something like this:

2017-06-24_7-32-32.png

2. PK

PK Well-Known Member

Great suggestion!!!

Do you know whether the actual strike selection, and restriction to fewer strikes and smaller regions of interest, does influence the modelling of the risk graph? In other words, does the modelling work with fixed strikes over the whole price range or use the subset one selects?

3. tom

tom Administrator Staff Member

I think there are enough strikes and expirations with the indexes that the modeling is still ok.