Quantcast
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

rut fills

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by will, Nov 20, 2015.

1. will

will Well-Known Member

Having issues getting filled on the rut. Trying to put on a bearish butterfly at 1150 with the market at 1175. 1 lot size. The price fluctuates a bit, but I've been 15 to 20 cents above the market without a fill. Had it sitting all morning. I'm using tos butterfly spread entry. Any tips/input/experience would be helpful. Thanks

2. will

will Well-Known Member

I've compare both call and put butterflies are they are very close in price. I've tried to fill on both the call and put side. Are fills harder on Friday?

3. GreenZone

GreenZone Well-Known Member

I initiated that same butterfly today, towards the end of the day, and got filled at the mid.
    BOT +2 BUTTERFLY RUT 100 JAN 16 1200/1150/1100 PUT @9.85 CBOEMARK=1174.09438 IMPL VOL=18.38%

4. will

will Well-Known Member

Very nice. Were you using tos? I started in the morning at 9.35, market was down by 9.15, no fill. Had it moved up to 9.60 by 2pm without a fill, I thought something was up. Guess I should have went higher. How do you know if you're paying too much?

5. GreenZone

GreenZone Well-Known Member

When at 56 DTE or so, you want to be at a price under $10 for the 50 point balanced butterfly.
    You can also check the prices of the synthetics (ie put butterfly vs call butterfly vs iron butterfly).

6. will

will Well-Known Member

OK awesome. Thanks for the info

7. uwe

uwe Well-Known Member

If you are using IB as broker, you can use http://www.bbpricer.com/ to compare above prices. There is also a thread about BBpricer (just search for it).

Disclaimer: I'm the author.