Quantcast
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Round Table discussing using Windows Excel RTD links with Thinkorswim data.

Discussion in 'Round Table Presentations' started by status1, Mar 11, 2017.

1. status1

status1 Well-Known Member

I watched this presentation and I thought it was pretty good
    I could have used it a few weeks ago when I was trying to set up the tracking of my trades
    At least all the terms are more familiar to me and I have a better understanding

I was trying to do the concatenate formula to set up the OPRA code but I am having an issue with the zero in front of the number
    There was a tip that mentioned to custom format the cell with a zero in front of the number and while it shows that number in the cell correctly and also if you reference the cell in another cell but for some reason when the same cell reference is used in the CONCATENATE formula the zero is dropped off

So the formula may have to be used as it was presented in the video with the conditional format unless I am doing something wrong
    Does the excel version make any difference ?

2. status1

status1 Well-Known Member

So after some searching I found a workaround
    If the day is in F11 for example than instead of entering F11 in the CONCATENATE formula I entered (TEXT,"00")
    This will force a zero in front if it is a single number so you can enter a single or double digit number in F11 and in the formula it will always be 2 digits