Road trip trade in /ES

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Jerryb351, Mar 18, 2018.

1. Jerryb351

Jerryb351 Active Member

I use TOS and trade primarily SPX . I was looking at the Road Trip Trade set up in the /ES and noticed how commission intensive it is compared to SPX . It would eat up a good portion of profits from what I see. Am I missing something ?

2. status1

status1 Well-Known Member

That can happen with big moves in the market as you get whipsawed and you want to maintain a flat T+0 line
    I only signed up for the free trial when it was used with SPX in 2016 so I am not sure how it's doing with /ES
    I was not too much concerned with the commissions I was more concerned with the frequency of the adjustments
    as I am working during the day so I don't have time to monitor the market so I modified the road trip to suit my trading preference so I would have little or no adjustments at all

3. Jerryb351

Jerryb351 Active Member

What I mean is , you’ll need double the contracts to trade the same size in the /ES.

4. status1

status1 Well-Known Member

I guess that's still better than SPY where you would need 10 times as many contracts
    I can only assume it has some other advantages but I don't know what they are so the commissions would be one of the trade-offs but I am just speculating at this point