Quantcast
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Reconciling Positions Between TOS and ONE (or OptionVue)

Discussion in 'Options' started by Dave A, Jan 3, 2016.

Tags:
  1. Dave A

Dave A Active Member

I am trying to come up with a more efficient way to track and compare my “Current Positions as well as Working Orders” in TOS with my ONE (or OptionVue) software (I would prefer to do this on ONE, but if it's easier to do on OptionVue, I can do that as well).

What I am trying to accomplish is a way of making sure my LIVE Positions and Working Orders in TOS match up to my positions in ONE. I just want an easy way to make sure I have the correct real life positions placed in TOS.

I would like something that was dynamic and automatically updated on the fly as much as possible (so I don't need to be importing and exporting files back and forth all the time).

I am curious if anyone knows if there is a way to import your “Current Positions” and “Working Orders” from TOS into an Excel spreadsheet and have it update the Excel Spreadsheet LIVE. Kind of like we do with the DDE from TOS for live data.

For example, currently I can get live Data (quotes) from TOS through the DDE connection and that live data updates on my Excel spreadsheet without me having to do anything. Is there a way to get that same “type” of connection from TOS to an Excel spreadsheet with the information coming from TOS being my “Current Positions” and “Working Orders” ? If there was a way to get live position information from TOS to Excel, I could probably make a program that automatically reconciles everything.

I looked at the DDE commands and I didn't really see any commands that would be helpful, but I am not as well versed with the DDE infrastructure as others are here, so I thought it would be a good idea to check with everyone here before I go much further.

I am curious to hear the thoughts and ideas of others in the community and how others address this issue.

Thank You !!

Dave Andresen

2. Andrei

Andrei Well-Known Member

Dave,
    Judging by the lack of responses, it does not look like there any easy ways to connect to TOS except for just data feeds.
    I used to use ONE and now using OV. I always update every trade manually, usually right after every execution. I think ONE is better at tracking trades, OV is a bit better at importing trades from TOS. Both should work. If ONE is successful in improving their IV model, I will probably go back to ONE. Also, I think ONE can send trades to TOS and IB, but I am not sure how integrated this functionality is and I do not really plan to use it (yet).

3. Dave A

Dave A Active Member

Thanks for the reply, Andrei !!
    I think you're right about the lack of responses... it doesn't seem like there are any easy ways to get it done.
    I appreciate your input !!