Raleigh Durham Meetup Ryan Simmen Road Trip

Discussion in 'Round Table Presentations' started by status1, Nov 13, 2016.

1. status1

status1 Well-Known Member

I noticed something interesting on this most recent presentation
    Around the 24:50 mark in the video where he is showing how to enter the trade in TOS when he clicks on the buy custom in addition to the default order types he has a couple of other custom option order types one of them is "ROAD TRIP" and the other is "RTT"
    I did not know that you can add custom order types
    I was wondering how is that done ?
    Is there some scripting involved ?
    I did not see any setting where this can be added

2. Boomer34

Boomer34 Well-Known Member

I was wondering the same...

3. DGH

DGH Administrator

Me, too. Maybe he names and saves the custom trades when he sets them up in the queue. If you figure it out, please post it for everyone. If we can't figure it out, remind Tom or me and we will contact Ryan.

4. Ryan Simmen

Ryan Simmen Well-Known Member

5. DGH

DGH Administrator

Much appreciated, Ryan.

6. Don S

Don S Member

I confess I haven't looked at the RTT in a while because the prices were too high. Have they fallen into the double digits yet? It looked like the price on Ryan's screen was $1.80 which is way above the recommended max of $1.25.

7. DGH

DGH Administrator

I bought my most recent one for a nickel. Others paid 30 - 35 cents.

8. Don S

Don S Member

Serves me right for checking out. You snooze you lose. Thanks DGH for the reply. Need to get back in the game.

9. status1

Thanks for the tip Ryan,
    I tried it out and it works
    Now of course it got me thinking that if we could add this template to the drop down list for the different strategies we could see the prices directly without the need for an excel spreadsheet

10. lisa

lisa Guest

Hi, thanks for sharing the youtube video of this presentation. I learned a lot. Does anyone know where I can download the excel spreadsheet and the powerpoint slides from this presentation? I couldn't find it at https://www.meetup.com/rdutraders/files/ as stated in the youtube video comments.

Jose Perez likes this.
  11. Ryan Simmen

It was restricted to members only. Try again now.

12. status1

I played a little more with the template I made and it works for the BWB I created but it seems to be inconsistent with some of the other strike prices
    For example if I click on the April 21 expiration 2290 put strike and use the 40/50 bwb template I get the normal 2330/2290/2240 bwb but if I do the same thing on the 2200 strike for some reason I get 2280/2200/2100 It's like the width of the strikes doubled
    I noticed that the April expiration does not have the strikes ending in 5 just the 25 , 75 and 10's
    Is that why the template is using the wrong strikes ?

13. Ryan Simmen

I have no idea what's going on with your order template. To be honest most of the time I use the Excel spreadsheet I demonstrated in my presentation to enter the RTT.

14. status1

Thanks
    I thought maybe you knew more about how the template works

I only stumbled upon this issue because I was trying to make my own butterfly price spreadsheet so I exported the April expiration using tos than made the formula and than just looked at the prices
    So I saw one for $1.10 than went back to TOS to see how it looks on the analyze graph and noticed the price was around $8.40 or so
    Than I looked at the strikes and noticed that they were way off
    I used the same template on the March expiration and worked fine on that one
    It's strange that the April expiration does not have the $5 strike prices
    I may try it again later if and when they add the $5 strikes