Quantcast
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

QuantyCarlo

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by meyer99, Feb 6, 2015.

1. meyer99

meyer99 Well-Known Member

Was anyone able to log in after downloading and installing?

2. tom

tom Administrator Staff Member

There was a bug that's been fixed. Please try logging in again.

3. meyer99

Not working. Is it working for you? Will unistall and try again later.

4. tom

Let me know if it's not working. I tested it and it was ok for me.

5. I downloaded the install file for Mac (.DMG) and ran it, put the QuantyCarlo.app file in the Applications folder, ran it...and nothing.
    Not even an entry in the Mac Activity Monitor (Windows: Task Manager).
    I emailed Support: nothing.

Has anyone successfully run this on either Windows or the Mac? (Or is it vaporware?)

6. tom

Hi Richard. I don't think the developers are around on the weekend. I'll talk to Larry about getting a quicker turn around time. I'm running it on Windows but I have an error when I try to open the Easy Entry. I sent the error message to the developers so hopefully we can get a fix quickly.

7. Thanks, Tom. I may be misremembering, but I think I downloaded the DMG after Thursday's discussion, emailed them then.
    Also, noting that software start-ups quite often respond to support emails on weekends, TOS support responds on weekend, and ONE support has responded to me on weekends. It shouldn't be an issue.

8. uwe

uwe Well-Known Member

I'm running it on Mac - at least it starts. Easy Entry is also not working (nothing happens on click). I have Mac OS 10.9 (not the latest).

9. Tps

Tps Guest

has anyone been able to run back test? I can't even figure out where to even begin.

10. tom

I just got this from the lead developer at QuantyCarlo:

"A new update has been uploaded. Please start your QuantyCarlo client and login using your email and password to get the latest update. Once the update has been downloaded, the client should then prompt you that it will restart itself. After restarting, the problem should be fixed. Please let us know if this fixes your problem. Thank you for your patience."

Larry said he did a walkthrough with someone yesterday and recorded it. He's preparing the video which will show you how to create a trading plan from start to finish. He said the video will be ready later today.

11. meyer99

Tom,
    Thank you for your help. It appears to be working now. The free symbols available are : Bidu, Qcom, TLT, VWO, XOM, Yhoo, DIA, GOOG, GLD and PEP.
    It would be nice if they add either RUT or SPX. I think it will attract more attention from people in this forum.

12. tom

You're welcome! I agree that RUT/SPX would be good choices for us. I suggest trying out the free version first and once you have a good feeling of how to use the software, sign up for a trial to a paid subscription get access to all of the symbols QuantyCarlo has. I believe they have data for about 4000 underlying symbols but it takes some time to scrub and import each symbol. They are up to about 500 symbols now and should have all 4000 imported and ready to go in the not too distant future.

There's a new video on their tutorial page of Larry walking someone through QuantyCarlo. It's a good video to watch to see how to use the program.

http://quantycarlo.com/tutorials

Look in the "Hands On Series".

13. Chuck

Chuck Active Member