Quantcast
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Problem Importing Jim R.'s Charts. Into TOS

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Rod M, Nov 7, 2014.

1. Rod M

Rod M Well-Known Member

Jim was generous to share his oscillator page with us for downloading. I have attempted to download into my TOS paper account. When I click the link to download...it will open up my TOS and prompt me to log in, but nothing happens after that. I see no way to download and save the file and then import it either.
    I am wondering if others are also having this issue, or what I need to do differently. I think this is a valuable way to receive charts from this group in the future, so before I simply build these charts manually, I wanted to try to fix the process on my end. Thanks.

2. Gordon

Gordon New Member

Hi Rod, Login to your copy of ThinkOrSwim, on top edge of TOS window choose "Setup" then choose "Open Shared Item...", paste in the URL provided by Jim. TOS will open up the shared item.

In this case, it opened as a separate chart window. If you like it then you can save it under a style name of your choosing so you can load the style again later.

3. Rod M

Rod M Well-Known Member

Thank you...I appreciate your help.

4. tom

tom Administrator Staff Member

Did it work Rod?

5. Rod M

Rod M Well-Known Member

This method worked perfectly...thanks.