Prices on OV not realtime with IB datafeed

Discussion in 'OptionVue Forum' started by Murphy Tan, Oct 31, 2016.

1. Murphy Tan

Murphy Tan Well-Known Member

Hi all, I'm a new OV user. I found that with IB data feed, the prices are not real time. It seems that these prices are slightly delayed. I don't have this problem with ONE. Does anyone have this problem?

BTW I have set my symbol limit to 75.

Regards
    Murphy

2. ACS

ACS Well-Known Member

I've noticed the time that appears in the Matrix can be a minute apart for some quotes using IB as the feed in OV. I'm surprised ONE doesn't have the same issue since IB does limit the number of quotes you can pull at the same time. I also use 75 for IB since numbers much higher than that caused problems for me getting quotes.

Murphy Tan likes this.
  3. Steve S

Steve S Well-Known Member

Unfortunately, IB should be considered unreliable for option quotes in OVue because (so far as I have experienced) OVue does not pass along TWS API error messages that would tell you when TWS "decides" you are over your streaming quote limit. There is no precise algorithm for this - if your TWS is open with quotes subscribed and you are also subscribing to the same or different symbols with the API, TWS will let you exceed your stated limit but once you are technically over that limit there are no guarantees you will receive good data for any particular symbol.

Murphy Tan likes this.
  4. Murphy Tan

Murphy Tan Well-Known Member

Thanks for the advice, guys. Anyway I tried to reduce the number of symbols on the quotes display and the prices do update a little faster. Still it is not as real time as I would like. Wonder how ONE actually achieve this.

Regards
    Murphy