Quantcast
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

PnL Analyzer

Discussion in 'Options' started by Rahul Sarin, Apr 27, 2016.

1. Rahul Sarin

Rahul Sarin Guest

Please use this forum to post bugs etc.
    Currently working on a bug to fix the PnL Analyzer where its showing inaccurate PnL if you have open positions only.
    Will Post an Update soon.

2. Did you post the spreadsheet somewhere yet?

3. Rahul Sarin

Rahul Sarin Guest

4. Why do you have as an EXE file?
    What does your EXE file do?
    Does it do anything besides uncompress the spreadsheet?

5. Rahul Sarin

Rahul Sarin Guest

It adds my layer of protection.... I can add security into the file so I can control it.

6. RalphD

RalphD Member

Here is an example of the bug that Rahul mentioned above.
    For some positions I have in play, the application show that it is closed when it is not. An easy example is shown below. It’s just one IWM call bought on March 29, 2016 and it is still open. It’s showing a Net PnL (w/Comm.) of -$676 where is should be $396.
    Sorry for the small print. I couldn't fit all the excel columns without minimizing the view.
    PnL1.jpg PnL2.jpg

7. Rahul Sarin

Rahul Sarin Guest

8. RalphD

RalphD Member

Rahul, this is what is happening now. I wonder if anyone else is having the same problem.
    PnL4.jpg

9. Rahul Sarin

Rahul Sarin Guest

Ralph - your ToS feed is not coming. I cannot replicate the problem..it seems to be working fine for me.

However, try saving the file..closing it an opening file again. Keep tos running.

10. RalphD

RalphD Member

Rahul, it's working perfectly now. I didn't realize that ToS had to be running when using the application. I was using the application on a different machine not running ToS.
    Thank again. Nice work.

11. Rahul Sarin

Rahul Sarin Guest

Thanks Ralph. That's the only way I could build it for everyone. I usually use TOS API which doesn't require TOS to be installed / running on your PC, but everyone doesn't have access to the API.

12. AKJ

AKJ Well-Known Member

Hi Rahul,

Thanks for taking the time to put something like this together.

Would you (or someone else) be able to provide a description of what the spreadsheet does and what it should be used for?

Thanks,

13. randyr

randyr Member

Rahul, when I run this software I don't get your custom tool bar? I am running Excel 2007.

14. Rahul Sarin

Rahul Sarin Guest

Hi Randy, please watch the Recording from yesterday (4/26).

15. RalphD

RalphD Member

Hi Rahul, could you please add a "Save As" function. This will just make it easier to create multiple instances.
    Thanks

16. Rahul Sarin

Rahul Sarin Guest

Ralph, you can create multiple copies of the .EXE file instead to create multiple instances.

17. RalphD

RalphD Member

Yes, I was thinking that the "Save As" would create the .exe file easier. I guess instances wasn't the correct word.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N900A using Tapatalk

18. Rahul Sarin

Rahul Sarin Guest

What's easier than copying the .exe file in windows explorer and pasting it again... windows will create a copy of the file automatically. Rename the .EXE to whatever you want.
    For example, if you want to track multiples trades individually, create multiple copies of the .EXE file and rename them to the trade name.

19. RalphD

RalphD Member

My though was instead of opening windows explorer, copying and pasting the .exe file and renaming it... I could create a desktop shortcut to the .exe file and just use the "Save As" function. I guess I'm just looking for shortcuts. I like the application either way. Thanks

20. randyr

randyr Member

I watched the recording. When I run your application, I get no tool bar at the top with your buttons. Here's a screenshot:
    2016-04-29_16h10_36.png