Quantcast
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Parking Trade

Discussion in 'Options' started by Average Joe, Jun 9, 2016.

1. Average Joe

Average Joe Guest

Does anyone have the guidelines for the Parking Trade? I've been looking around google and this forum but couldn't find it. (is it a paid strategy?)

2. AKJ

AKJ Well-Known Member

In the library for recordings, go to the Trading Group 2 meeting from Jan 5 2016. The description section has links to the Parking Trade trade plan, etc. You may need to be a paid member to access, I am not sure.

3. Tim

Tim Well-Known Member

As the creator of the parking trade, I can say it is not a paid strategy. Its free. Yes there is a lot of information about it already here on cap disc. You should be able to see it all with a free account.

4. Kapil

Kapil New Member

Hi Tim, can you post a link(s) for the parking trade. I am having trouble finding it.

5. Tim

Tim Well-Known Member

The June 6 beginner trading group went over it, and the powerpoint slides are attached and you can download them.

6. Kapil

Kapil New Member

Thanks Tim!

7. whitemare

whitemare Member

Hello Tim, the June 6 2016 recording does not seem to be accessible in the library now. Is there another way to access the slides?

thanks, whitemare

8. Oliver

Oliver Member

The June 6 2017 recording is there with some slides, along with a longer-term variation

9. Bohdan

Bohdan Well-Known Member

Hi Tim,

Perhaps the PARKING TRADE would be a topic you can discuss in this Friday's weekly Class..?

thanks,Bohdan

10. Luke

Luke Well-Known Member

Make sure you increase the amount of results shown from the default (30 I believe?) to 1000 or whichever number you prefer, but you can get the videos if you're a paid member. Just need to remember to expand the results shown...

11. whitemare

whitemare Member

Thanks Oliver but the Library (for free membership) only goes back to July 13 2017.... is there another way to access it? thanks.

Last edited: Aug 9, 2017
  12. stevegee58

stevegee58 Well-Known Member

In the upper right corner of the library tab look for where it says "show 30 records" and change the 30 to 100.

13. Oliver

Oliver Member

Is it? Well it's nothing super special as a plan. It's just an index put credit spread. You could look at John Locke's videos on "The Bull" for a similar trade that's entered monthly on RUT at 65 DTE. I've been doing the Parking live for a little bit and it's going well in this environment. I closed my first 6 trades at max profit ($80/contract on each) so you might just bite the bullet. Of course, there are no guarantees that will continue. Also having said that, it really is just an index PCS - you could come up with something similar on your own or use John's RUT Bull.

Kenneth A. Oathcarn likes this.
  14. Oliver

Oliver Member

15. monaco100

monaco100 Member

Wanting to give the RUT Bull a go, 65 DTE should be next week, but with all the Fire & Fury going on, I shall see, current move down interesting.
    But must stick to rules!

16. PK

PK Well-Known Member

I personally prefer including some filters in the bull rules. E.g. not enter during more than 20% volatility spikes, prices breaking support levels such as the SP50/100/200 moving averages or before announced market moving events such as Brexit or the firing of North Korean missiles on August 15 ;) It is true that the brave traders get better premium in these situations but I became hurt too often by a falling knife. I will wait what happens on Monday and, if prices keep moving down, look at price action in the 2.400 zone (SP500). As you say, an exciting week ahead:cool:

Oliver likes this.