Quantcast
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

OV 7.93 New Feature

Discussion in 'OptionVue Forum' started by Kevin Lee, Jun 11, 2016.

1. Kevin Lee

Kevin Lee Well-Known Member

OV just launched v7.92. The new version comes with the ability to choose the expiration date for p&l graph. This is a great feature for those who use weekly options as hedge. In the past, the projection date is automatically set to the nearer expiration date. The expiration graph will be messed up as a result. Now users can choose. Once chosen, the choice will be remembered. Finally, no more manual changing the date every time the graph is opened. Yeah !

Another improvement is after closing the backtrader, OV will go straight into Live mode without closing the matrix and graph window.

Here's the release notes http://www.optionvue.com/newrelease.htm

upload_2016-6-11_3-59-24.png

Attached Files:

RayM, Gabor Maly, DavidF and 2 others like this.
  2. Boomer34

Boomer34 Well-Known Member

Great news!
    Thanks for reporting Kevin!

3. Allan

Allan New Member

A good feature. Thanks for sharing.

4. TheSpeculator152

TheSpeculator152 Well-Known Member

This is awesome! However, I believe it is OV 7.93 that include this feature :)

5. Kevin Lee

Kevin Lee Well-Known Member

You are right. My bad. It's v7.93.

6. Brooks

Brooks Active Member

Another new feature that my OV rep touted is that "Auto Refresh" checkbox in the upper, right corner of the graph. This keeps the Graph in sync with the Matrix without the need to close and re-open the Graph window.

7. jim graham

jim graham Member

It would be a big help to us if is anyone using TOS would comment on if the recent changes have helped their performance.

In all the latest releases (7.91, 7.92, 7.93) Len has spent a considerable amount of time working on a number of potential solutions to the problem some users are reporting on keystrokes being lost when using TOS as their data interface. We have not been able to replicate this problem in-house, so we rely on your feedback to determine how successful the changes have been.

In the latest release, version 7.93, we were able to make further progress on the TOS quotes reception / keystroke delay problem. We are still using DDE as there is no documentation available on how to use RTD. The root of the problem with DDE and keystrokes is that Windows delivers information to the app (OptionVue) in the form of messages that are stored in the app’s general message buffer. Both DDE messages and keystroke messages are sent into this one FIFO buffer. As a result, keystrokes could
    sometimes wait in line behind hundreds of DDE messages. We found a way of looking ahead in the buffer on a regular basis to find and process keystroke messages more immediately.

We would like to thank all those that have served as beta testers as we refined this approach.

8. ACS

ACS Well-Known Member

It's not just TOS. I have the same problem with IB as a data source. Many times when I enter a trade in the Matrix, the minus sign or number doesn't appear on the first try.

Roger and uwe like this.