Quantcast
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

OptionVue with Multiple Monitors

Discussion in 'OptionVue Forum' started by TheSpeculator152, Dec 12, 2015.

Tags:
  1. TheSpeculator152

TheSpeculator152 Well-Known Member

I am new to OptionVue and am trying to figure out how to use it with multiple monitors. Have any of you figured this out? I would like to have e.g. the Matrix on one screen and the analysier on the other one.

Thanks!

2. Roger

Roger Member

You only have to extend OV through both screens, then put the matrix on the left screen and resize the right side of the matrix exactly to the right side of the left screen. Then you can click on the "show graphic in real time button", and the graphic will appear on the right screen. You can then resize the graphic to match the right screen but be careful because if you put the graphic between the two monitors OV will crash, hope this helps :rolleyes:

3. David Stewart

David Stewart Well-Known Member

That's fine, I'm just not sure why we would need it up on two screens. I would probably use that other real estate for something else. BWDIK. I really don't depend on OV7 at all for much of anything anymore. I'm kind of spoiled and like Dan Harvey, I like tracking everything with the t-log and keeping trace of multiple P/Ls. I think OV7 is an expensive way to do that, so I'll probably downgrade to just back trader when my current subscription runs out. If the overall program worked very well without the constant bugs, like SPX matrix not filling in the prices, you always have to adjust under the define options. etc, etc. etc. you get the idea, I would probably stay a loyal full customer but clearly they have major issues keeping their product up to speed and worth the relatively high cost that they charge. Note, I have OV7 with quotevue and backtrader, none of those other packages interest me like opscan or vxx trading or their earnings modules. If they were included in the price I pay (which I think they should be) I would take a look at them, but I would never pay even more money to access them. Just my thoughts for what it's worth, good trading everybody. In case anyone cares (which I doubt they do) my little photo is not of my girlfriend, it is a shot that was taken at the US Open and the young lady is one of the top 10 woman players in the world named Sloane Stephens. LOL. It is me on the left though.

Gabor Maly and Andrei like this.
  4. Andrei

Andrei Well-Known Member

If all you need is trade tracking, take a look at ONE. Actually I think they have a better way of doing it. Also, when I used it about a year ago, I do not remember any data loading problems, etc. Also it is all server-based so if you use it on different computers, you will not need to re-load the data every time you switch.
    I am using OV for their Greeks, may test ONE once again when they release their update.

In case anyone cares the little photo is of my donkey. He is my pal. But also like any theta trader (and unlike bulls and bears) he does not appreciate any sudden moves and will not move unless he is convinced that this is the best and the safest course of action.:)

Gabor Maly likes this.
  5. David Stewart

Yeah, I actually used ONE for while a few years ago. It is certainly a valid alternative. One thing about OV7 that everybody seems to forget, or at least not mention is this: You can use backtrader and look thru the day of the day that just ended. You can't do that with ONE. You would have to wait until tomorrow to be able to look at today. That sounds really weird to write out here but you know what I mean I'm sure.
    I love that donkey, he looks like a very nice young man.;)

Andrei likes this.
  6. vega4mike

vega4mike Well-Known Member

I think ONE get its data the next trading day, hence, the delay. It is not ideal especially if you want to review your trades over the weekend & can't review friday's trades until monday.

7. David Stewart

Yeah, vegamike, it's actually a real pain in the you know what. Something to do with their data contract, I suppose if they paid more money they could fix it

8. uwe

uwe Well-Known Member

Yes, it is the difference between "historical" and "delayed" data. Historical is only available when the next trading day started.

9. TheSpeculator152

TheSpeculator152 Well-Known Member

Once ONE has improved their IV model, this should be the next "big feature". Delayed data, not historical.