Optionvue becoming unusable

Discussion in 'OptionVue Forum' started by HowardS, Jul 18, 2017.

1. HowardS

HowardS Active Member

Hi,

I am wondering if anyone else is having similar issues with Optionvue?

1st. I cannot receive any quotes for UVXY? I have tried pretty much everything and I can not figure this one out.

2nd. the Matrix!!! What has optionvue done? I cannot for the life of me get the matrix to add strikes that i need. I add them, they appear. I close the matrix (yes SAVE CHANGES!!!) I reopen the matrix, viola, I am back where i was, all the additional strikes are gone, vanished.

To be honest, I am not sure this software is worth it any longer.

But i would be interested if anyone else is experiencing this type of problem.

Thanks

2. HowardS

HowardS Active Member

Optionvue responded to my query and got my UVXY working. Plenty of Optionvue aggravation, but this is not on them!

Howard

3. tom

tom Administrator Staff Member

hi Howard,

Do you have autostrike enabled? I have to uncheck it, then OV behaves better wrt strikes that I want.

4. HowardS

HowardS Active Member

Thanks Tom. I'll give that a try.

5. HowardS

HowardS Active Member

I received a few tips from Ken at Optionvue. I was able to get data for UVXY when using Thinkorswim as the data source. But regardless of how many times I reset optionvue or delete asset files datavue (aka backtrader) will provide no data for that symbol. this software is mindnumbing.