Quantcast
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Optionvue 8 New subscribtion Plans - Backtrader

Discussion in 'OptionVue Forum' started by Georges, Dec 13, 2016.

1. Georges

Georges Well-Known Member

Optionvue 8 New subscribtion Plans . Price Increases Effective January 1, 2017.

1/
    OptionVue 8 Software $99.99/Month or $999.90/Year
    Backtrader is not included.

2/
    OptionVue 8 Essentials $129.99/Month or $1,299.90/Year
    Backtrader OR Opscan is included.

Question:
    Optionvue users that using Optionvue already many years. And bought long ago a life licence for backtrader.
    Does that mean they only need to Subscribe to "OptionVue 8 Software $99.99/Month or $999.90/Year" and
    does not need to pay for Backtrader? And have backtrader included?

Does that mean they buy "OptionVue 8 Essentials" for $99.99/Month or $999.90/Year ,
    and backtrader is included for free?

Last edited: Dec 13, 2016
  2. tom

tom Administrator Staff Member

Unfortunately, as I understand it, those lifetime licenses we bought for Back Trader are not considered with our subscriptions. If you want back trader, we have to pay like everyone who never purchased back trader. I hope I'm wrong but I think I'm right.

3. amikeg

amikeg Member

Anyone considering switching to OptionNet Explorer?

4. Paul Demers

Paul Demers Well-Known Member

5. amikeg

amikeg Member

why did you switch? I once used ONE and now use OV. I'm doing a trial with ONE. I"m so use to OV but ONE pricing so much better.

6. Paul Demers

Paul Demers Well-Known Member

I found the data feed with TOS is smoother, the back testing is faster and for the types of trades I do the ONE greeks are fine. The fact that the price is cheaper is an added bonus.

7. PK

PK Well-Known Member

I am considering to change from ONE to OV. Does anyone know whether the basic version (999 USD per year), without the backtester module and connected to IB data feed, allows to track back the risk graph of open positions from its launch to present? Or do you only have access to the risk graph of your position at the current price? Are there any experiences of people who have made the change from ONE to OV?
    Thanks in advance for answering!

8. ACS

ACS Well-Known Member

To go back in time with OV you need BackTrader, you can only analyze your live position with the basic version. If you do order OV there are discounts available for members of Capital Discussions and Locke In Your Success.

PK likes this.