Quantcast
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Option broker recommendations?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Daniel22, May 15, 2014.

1. Daniel22

Daniel22 Guest

What broker would you recommend for trading options?
    I heard that ThinkOrSwim has problems with their software and they aren't updating it as frequently as they used to.
    If you don't use ThinkOrSwim, do any other brokers have good option analytics? If not, what software would you recommend?

2. tom

tom Administrator Staff Member

I heard that too about ThinkOrSwim. I was using it for trade execution for a friend's account but using OptionVue to monitor the position. We moved his account to Interactive Brokers recently for several reasons. You do need to have some experience to open an IB account as they only want to deal with experienced traders. IB's commissions and execution are really good. I did hear that LiveVol accounts are really IB accounts with lower rates and access to LiveVol X so if you are going to go with IB, I'd recommend looking at LiveVol. Make sure you can still use IB's Trader Workstation (TWS) with your LiveVol account.

Those are the only two option brokers I have direct experience with. Maybe someone else can add some information about other brokers.