Quantcast
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

ONE - IB data

Discussion in 'OptionNET Explorer' started by monaco100, Aug 1, 2017.

1. monaco100

monaco100 Member

Hello all

Has anyone had any issues with using IB data feeding into ONE. After a period, I loose my live date feed (in ONE)
    ONE support have been looking into this for the last week. A possibility is that my IP keeps changing and ONE is getting confused by this, so closes the connection.
    I am running IB on MAC and ONE on windows using parallels, I have also had the problems when running all together in windows.
    This is proving to be a real pain, as now trading RTT live. Apparently a static IP would not help.
    Appreciate any Help/advice.
    I was happy to give up OV in favour of ONE, oh well.

Good Trading
    Simon

2. CC

CC Member

Hi Simon,
    How long is "after a period"?
    I also use IB with ONE and don't have the issues you have.
    However, I'm not logged on for hours at a time...
    Usually less than 1 hour to check prices and execute trades.

Good luck resolving your issue!!

3. Elli

Elli Active Member

Hi
    ONE will log you out after a period of inactivity.
    When I had a problem that ONE could not resolve I called IB to find out what the problem was from their end. Then I called ONE, relayed the information from IB to them and then they were able to fix it on their end.
    Maybe this will help.
    Elli

4. monaco100

monaco100 Member

Thanks chaps for comments
    I will call IB tomorrow, are any of you using an iMac? I have sent ONE log files for IB & ONE soon after being flipped out of ONE, Friday night, so that they can run some tests. I tried to run ONE & IB all within windows, but got the error message straight away. Normally I run IB in Mac and ONE in windows. I never have ONE open for more than 20 minutes.
    Lets hope they can get it sorted.
    All the best.

5. monaco100

monaco100 Member

Looks like it might be a memory issue with parallels, I have made a few adjustments and all seems much better, don't want to speak to soon. Will monitor tomorrow CPU ect
    Is any one else using a Mac?

6. uwe

uwe Well-Known Member

I'm using a Mac too. But I run TWS and ONE in the same Windows 10 VM (using VirtualBox).
    I had a lot of problems with OV with this setup. ONE is more stable for me.

7. monaco100

monaco100 Member

Thats good to hear, thank you, as I do like ONE