Quantcast
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

ONE Discount

Discussion in 'OptionNET Explorer' started by TheSpeculator152, Dec 20, 2015.

1. TheSpeculator152

TheSpeculator152 Well-Known Member

Does anyone know how to obtain a discount on ONE without having to open e.g. an account with Tradier?

2. Timo

Timo Active Member

I'd also be interested in testing out their software for a trial but I am not willing to pay 50 GBP + VAT just for trying out a piece of software that I am not sure I even like. Does anyone if there is a possibility to get a free trial (15 days would be enough) of ONE?

Thanks!
    T

3. Larry

Larry Member

I've been with ONE for a few years, I know I did a free trial when I first started, not sure but think it was for a month.

4. Timo

Timo Active Member

If I understand it correctly, they offer a 30 day trial but charge 50 GBP + tax for it. Can anyone confirm this?

5. Timo

Timo Active Member

Do you like it, Larry? Also do you use it for backtrading as well?

6. Larry

Larry Member

I do like it and is my only backtrading tool I use. Must say that I have never tried OV so couldn't do a comparison of the two. It does not have a search engine like some analysis software. I subscribe on an annual basis and since it is priced in pounds, it varies. Just renewed a month ago and it was about $675. You would have to check their homepage to see if they still offer a trial.

7. Timo

Timo Active Member

Thanks Larry. Would you say it is easy to handle and navigate and is there any help material (preferably video format) out there (like with OV)? How long did it take you to get used to everything?

8. TheSpeculator152

Check this demo:

Looks so much cooler than OV.

9. Larry

Larry Member

Timo,
    They do have help areas some in video form, others in text form. I have only had a couple questions I had to direct to them and I think they responded timely. Not sure if they have more data links now, but when I joined you needed to have an account with tos or ib for data feed. I have tos and you can export your trades from tos to one. Learning curve wasn't to bad for me, felt comfortable within a few weeks. They also are connected with Dan Sheridan and he conducts an option training webinar every couple weeks. They keep referring to an upcoming release of a search engine, but don't know when that is planned. I checked their site and you can get a 30 day free trial.

10. Larry

Larry Member

Sorry, I was checking the ONE site through Sheridan mentoring. Apparently they no longer offer the free trial.

11. TheSpeculator152

Just spoke to support. No free trial. Cheapest option is if Tradier is used as the broker.

12. Timo

Timo Active Member

Thank you Larry for your detailed answer as well as for the youtube video. Also thanks at the others for your information.

I really want to test drive ONE but don't like the fact that I have to pay for it. Regarding the recent OV issues, I don't think there is a way around ONE though; especially if I want to backtest strategies like the BB, M3 or BWB styles.

Or does anyone here use any other software for backtesting (e.g. ToS)?

13. TheSpeculator152

There is only ONE as an alternative. You have to pay, there is no free trial. Watch the above video I posted as a trial. You will love it - at least I did. I will sign up to ONE over Christmas.

14. Jay Winger

Jay Winger Active Member

Andy wanted me to pass on the following:

Once we’ve resolved the outstanding issues, we should be ready to move this to stable relatively quickly. We’ll also be offering an introductory discount for early adopters in the New Year.

Timo likes this.
  15. Timo

Timo Active Member

Thanks Jay. Definitely interested in the offer

16. TheSpeculator152

Awesome!!!

17. Andrei

Andrei Well-Known Member

I have used ONE for about a year, while with SOM. Now I am using OV because of JL's methodologies are based using OV platform. I liked ONE much better and given all the recent problems with OV, I would move to ONE in no time if they improve their Vol modeling.

18. tom

tom Administrator Staff Member

Sheridan Options Mentoring

19. Andrei

Andrei Well-Known Member

Sheridan Options Mentoring

20. Timo

Timo Active Member

Any news on when the special offer will be out?