Night Owl

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Anil, May 3, 2018.

1. Anil

Anil Member

Has anyone tried Night Owl yet? If so, what has been your experience so far? Have you had much success?

2. Chris I

Chris I Guest

Night Owl evaluation

I decided to evaluate Night Owl by trading with a minimal allocation and keeping a trade log for one month. See attached.

Trade log notes:

The log consists of notes I made for myself so may not be 100% accurate.

Allocation: one contract for * entry, one contract for the first # entry, and one contract for the second # entry, for up to 3 contracts for /CL and 3 contracts for /6E.

Profit target: * entries target B and # entries target A.

To my surprise I made many beginner's trading errors as I formed new trading habits. In addition to the actual P/L, I estimated the P/L if errors had not been made. By the fourth week the error rate had improved a lot.

The P/L and estimate exclude commission.

“No trade” means that Night Owl did not determine a direction. “No * entry” means that price did not retrace to the * entry price.

Conclusions:

Night Owl has the potential for being a profitable trading system. What Mark and Jim told us about Night Owl is substantially correct although I did not verify specific claims.

Attached Files:

3. Edward H

Edward H Well-Known Member

@Chris I - Thanks for providing your experience with the Night Owl service. I've got a few follow-up questions:

1) You mention that your results exclude slippage. I'm guessing you traded this as paper only. Have you attempted to trade this system live and how was slippage?
    2) What platform did you use to execute your trades? (I'm wondering if using ATM with NinjaTrader might be able to hold some of these contingent orders more effectively than say TOS).

Last edited: Jun 30, 2018
  4. Edward H

Edward H Well-Known Member

Also I assume the bank that Mark is referring to on the Night Owl page is actually TopStepTrader. Can anyone confirm that?