New Educational Alert Services with Aeromir

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Dot, Apr 3, 2018.

1. Dot

Dot Well-Known Member

Hello, Tom - We were very excited to hear of the potential upcoming new alert services that were discussed in last weekend's RTT update. The possibility of a day-trading service, covered calls, and forex are all something Ken and I are very interested in, and we look forward as you transition to the new site.

Dot

SB likes this.
  2. TraderJ

TraderJ Member

3. DGH

DGH Administrator

Hi Dot. Yes, Tom will be expanding the Services offered at Aeromir in the relatively near future. While a day trading Alert Service is probably not feasible in real time (because of the speed of the market, etc.), we may do a Round Table in which we would discuss the basics of day trading futures, SPY, and, possibly, stocks/ETFs. Personally, I day trade SPY options and NQ futures nearly every day. While I don't consider myself to be an expert, I have been day trading for many years. Tom definitely wants to institute a covered call Service which may replace the Diagonal = Vertical Service.

SB likes this.
  4. Dot

Dot Well-Known Member

Thanks very much as always, Dan; we look forward to new programs!

5. TraderJ

TraderJ Member

For some reason I couldn't comment on my reply earlier. I hate to rain on anyone's parade, but "day-trading service, covered calls, and forex" sounds like a bad idea from 2005. I tried all those things (using rigorous, backtested methods when possible) but couldn't beat buy-and-hold in the long term--especially after paying for services, fees, VPS (forex), commissions, etc. Honestly, you'd probably do better in cryptos, as they're still traded largely by amateurs, not banks (forex) or HFT and truly smart bots (equities, futures, etc.)

Tim R likes this.
  6. Kevin Lee

Kevin Lee Well-Known Member

Just curious... what's this Aeromir thing? Will we only get an invite to join only if we are an alert subscriber? Is the plan to move CD over to aeromir and only for paid customers?

7. Rtb

Rtb Well-Known Member

Kevin I found the Aeromir via google after reading about it in the Lessons Learned thread. https://aeromir.com/join

8. Kevin Lee

Kevin Lee Well-Known Member

Ok.. thanx. I joined.

9. Neil

Neil Active Member

Just wondering, how far along is the development of the new site? I've registered at Aeromir and I tried signing up for the forums but wasn't able to go through the process. It doesn't seem possible at this time, is that correct?

Neil

10. DGH

DGH Administrator

Correct, Neil. Tom is prioritizing his coding process to ensure that existing CD members are transferred correctly, along with their personal and account data. I think he is estimating another 2 to 3 weeks until the site is "ready for prime time".

11. ethanscott

ethanscott Member

So was I. Do you know what is the situation about options trading?

12. status1

status1 Well-Known Member

There is a new post that showed up at Aeromir The first of hopefully many more to come
    It's about the covered call service trial and invitation

13. tom

tom Administrator Staff Member

Yes.. I've been slowly getting the forums ready. You can create a forums login now if you'd like :)

14. Elli

Elli Active Member

I tried to register at Aeromir but have not received an email confirmation

15. tom

Please check your inbox again. I just had it resent.

16. Elli

Elli Active Member

Nope. Still nothing there. I checked spam and trash to make sure it had not landed there, but no, not there either.

17. tom

Hi Elli,
    I just sent it to you in a conversation in the forums.

18. Nabire

Nabire Member

Tom, Trying to find where to go to send something to Jim R. I've signed up for his VolVantage subscription. I sent him a couple of questions on his "Ask" page but he must not be looking at that because I've received no answer.

Last edited by a moderator: Jun 6, 2018