Quantcast
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Nested Iron Condor vs Weirdor Trades

Discussion in 'Options' started by Raj K, May 3, 2016.

1. Raj K

Raj K Member

Hi All,

I am new member here and first of all I would like to thank all of the members who have contributed in the forum and there is a genuine sense of community here. Some of the posts here have helped me to understand far more in terms of what to expect in options trading then any other forum or book I have read so far.

I am an intermediate trader who has been paper trading for more then a year and understand all the basics of options. Before that I was doing ok in spot forex but part-time day trading a session was really stressful and to be directionally right most of the times is not easy. When I learned about directional neutral options strategies like IC I was hooked this was almost a year back. Have been paper trading and learning at the same time. I wish I had joined this forum a year earlier my many open questions have been answered in many threads here.

So far my personal comfort level is more with Iron condor trades and adjustment as opposed to BB ( as I have paper traded them more). It looks like based on previous inputs in other threads here M3 and/or Weirdor are best recommended to start as an option strategies to learn while you learn.

It would really help if members here have traded either Nested IC and/or Weirdor trades from Amy and their experiences (pros and cons). Also what type of minimum account size is required to trade either of the strategies. I am trying to start small (around 10 k to 20 k) when I go live.

All your help is appreciated.

Last edited: May 3, 2016
  2. Jonathan

Jonathan Active Member

Hi Raj - one of the defining factors of the weirdor vs the NIC is that the weirdor can be a more efficient use of planned capital. The NIC adjustments can rapidly expand the capital in play. The weirdor can be complex to put on and manage for a beginner. I have traded both with Amy (who is excellent...i have only the best things to say about her). NIC might be an easier trade to start with. I started with the weirdor and it has been a great trade and very robust.

3. AmyM

AmyM New Member

Hi Raj, I'm happy to answer any questions you have about my trade strategies and services. If you'd like you can send me an email at amy.trading@aol.com and set up a call with me. Thanks Jonathan for the nice comments!

4. Raj K

Raj K Member

Thanks Jonathan and Amy.