Quantcast
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Members Website Update

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by tom, Aug 6, 2014.

1. tom

tom Administrator Staff Member

I have the members website in good enough shape to start letting people start logging in there. I have the following setup and working:

- Calendar. This is the upcoming events for the next month
    - Library. This is the recording archive and includes downloadable files and links to YouTube and Wistia videos we produce. Some files have the MP3 files and any PDF attachments are available on this page. If you have a private session, it will only be available to you and the Capital Discussions staff.
    - Trading Tools
    -- Trade Simulator. This is the same code I have at toshop.com but I've moved it to the member's site.
    -- The other tools are links to the public web site but will be eventually moved back to the members site.
    -- I will be fixing the earnings tool I made before I started working at Sheridan Mentoring. That code is seven years old and needs re-vamping anyway!
    - Profile. You can change your password, update your contact information or add/remove yourself from our mailing lists.

The logins are different from the forums logins as they are two separate servers. (sorry about that). Go to this form and fill it out. If you already have an account

http://members.capitaldiscussions.com/go/c.join

There is a lot of new code so if you don't get your login, just PM me and I'll take care of it.

Let me know what you think of the new members site :)

2. tom

If you haven't been to the new members site, that's where our schedule is and the library with the links to download all of the videos we've produced, including the downloads (PDF, MP4 and MP3 files).

http://members.capitaldiscussions.com/

3. tom

I just found (and fixed) a bug in the auto login code. If you click "remember me" when you login, cookies are set to login you automatically in the next time you visit the members web site.

4. tom

While it's fun to write new code, there are occasional bugs. I found (and fixed) a bug if you had changed your password but the old password was stored in your encrypted cookie, it was created a redirect loop. That problem is solved now so it should work as you expect.