Quantcast
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Margin requirements in OV vs TOS for BWB

Discussion in 'OptionVue Forum' started by Raj K, Sep 3, 2016.

1. Raj K

Raj K Member

Hi All,

Can you please help me to solve this issue : I am seeing a big difference in margin required for broken wing butterfly between OV and TOS. Strange part is TOS shows correct margin for Equal width butterfly wings (60/60) but not for BWB (60/40) it shows max loss as 21 k but Margin required is 61 K. For BWB, I made sure that there no other trades selected in Analyze trade. Attached couple of screenshots. Not sure what is wrong.

Thanks

Attached Files:

2. Paul Demers

Paul Demers Well-Known Member

There seems to be an issue with your TOS confirmation dialog because mine shows the correct buying power change and it matches OV. Are you using a paper trade account?

3. Raj K

Raj K Member

Hi Paul,

That is correct I am using paper trade account.

4. Paul Demers

There might be a glitch in the paper trade account order confirmation dialog. Maybe you can call them on Tuesday and ask them.

5. Raj K

Raj K Member

This is happening for last couple of weeks and in two different paper money accounts where I cannot send in BWB orders because of increase in margin. Anybody else seeing this in their paper money TOS account ?.

Paul I will call them on first business working day next week.

6. Paul Demers

Sorry I didn't think to check my paper trading account. It appears to have the same issue as yours.

Attached Files:

7. Raj K

Raj K Member

Thanks Paul for verifying. Not sure how other members are trading BWB/ RTT in TOS paper money account.

8. Craig

Craig Member

If the increased margin amount is preventing you from executing trades, you can adjust your account cash amount, or change to Portfolio Margin, in a TOS paper account until they resolve the issue. On the Monitor tab there is an "adjust account" button on the right side in the Position Statement Section.

9. Raj K

Raj K Member

Thanks I did increase account cash in TOS. But hate the fact that it does not reflect correct margin of the trade (very misleading if one does not have OV or ONE ).