Quantcast
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

John Locke optionvue settings

Discussion in 'OptionVue Forum' started by Jonathan, Aug 16, 2015.

1. Jonathan

Jonathan Active Member

Hi All,

I'm a recent purchaser of John Locke's training set and I was looking for a video where he describes his optionvue settings. I'm using backtrader mode and not matching his greeks. There's only a couple levers to pull. Compared to optionnet, which i'm currently using, optionvue seems to be annoying difficult and i'm trying to assess if it's worth the switch to OV. Is there a source where JL makes these settings available?

thanks!
    Jon

2. ACS

ACS Well-Known Member

3. Jonathan

Jonathan Active Member

ok thanks!

4. Trader G

Trader G Well-Known Member

There are some threads around here that discuss Optionvue vs. Optionnet too. To make a long story short yes OV is a terrible user experience (especially compared to OptionNet which is easy to use) but if you are trading Locke's methods it is a must have and really makes a difference. I had OptionNet for years and really resisted the change but it really does make a difference to the bottom line with M3s.

5. Kevin Lee

Kevin Lee Well-Known Member

I agree with what is said. However let me expand to say that the inaccuracy of the OptionNet IV modelling is critical to any trades that have a wide spread like butterfly as well as trades of which having accurate greeks is important. The inaccuracy is accentuated in butterflies as compared to condor because with the wider wings, the difference in IV movements will be larger. Therefore, although the inaccuracy exists too in other trades like condor, but due to the much narrower spread, the effect is not as prominent.

6. ACS

ACS Well-Known Member

When I tried to replay John's V-Condor examples in ONE I found that the 10 Delta strike was different than the one he used and was off at times by 20 or 30 points from OV.