Quantcast
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

John Locke Masters Program...

Discussion in 'Options' started by William Smith, Nov 23, 2015.

1. William Smith

William Smith Member

Just curious if anyone one is looking at John's new Master Class Series? From what I can tell, this is a collection of recordings from his group mentoring programs. Looks interesting, but not cheap. Anyone have thoughts? Anyone that has been on the group mentoring sessions that could comment on the value of these?

Bill

2. Andrei

Andrei Well-Known Member

Yes. these are his group coaching sessions while at SMB. Awhile ago I asked SMB about getting access to there recordings and they said they were working on it. I guess this it. Looks interesting, but I hoped it would be a bit less expensive. I have already spent substantial sums on John's courses (actually most of them), not sure I am ready to commit $3K more. Also all SMB recording are only available online with no downloads which makes them less convenient and valuable for me, since sometimes (traveling, etc) I do not have reliable internet connections. Also I am subscribing to John's Group Mentoring service on his website, thus getting this series may be a bit redundant.

3. William Smith

William Smith Member

I'm sort of feeling the same way. I have most of his courses, including the APM course, which provides a lot of the nuances to trading his strategies. This looks interesting, but I'm not sure I'll get the additional value for the money. In the end I'll probably do it. :D

4. tom

tom Administrator Staff Member

There are ways to capture/download most online video these days Andrei :cool:

5. Andrei

Andrei Well-Known Member

The only way I know is to capture them while watching. Is there a way to "download" without watching?
    And thank you for your efforts Tom.

6. Bruno

Bruno Moderator Staff Member

Andrei,
    I use Apowersoft Video Downloader for the Mac. I guess it works just as fine on Windows.
    Converting videos is generally not necessary when using VLC.
    Hope this helps
    Bruno

7. Boomer34

Boomer34 Well-Known Member

I am also interested in this series...but not ready to pull the trigger based on the price. I do see the value in being able to have access to the mentoring sessions...
    Would love to hear from someone who might have been an early purchaser!

8. tom

Tim R likes this.
  9. Meteor528

Meteor528 Member

he product I've used for years for the PC is Internet Download Manager (http://internetdownloadmanager.com/). It will download any prerecorded video which can then be played by VLC Media Player or RealPlayer. IDM is not free but there is a free trial for it. Also, VLC and RealPlayer are free products. Hope this helps.

10. David Stewart

David Stewart Well-Known Member

You know guys, it's hard for me to make a comment, since I don't know really where you are at or what you are looking to accomplish going forward in options trading.
    Having said that, you could call me and I could make an attempt to tell you what was in them. I had access when they were recorded so I have watched them all 2 or 3 times (except for a few that I didn't feel necessary to watch again at the time.
    Just sayin' o_Oo_O

11. ACS

ACS Well-Known Member

I can tell you that almost all the sessions covered the M3 in some way including review of live trades. About 60% covered the Bearish Butterfly and 40% the Rock. There is an extensive session on technical analysis and another on psychology. There are several sessions on trade execution, option fundamentals and adapting trades to market conditions, especially the strongly trending, low volatility market at the time. Many sessions cover trade planning including the M21 and some on using the SPX instead of the RUT. There were also several guest lectures by some of John's students on various topics.

12. GreenZone

GreenZone Well-Known Member

Ok, a bunch of people have already offered solutions for video downloading, so I'll add my suggestion as well.
    I absolutely love this tool for downloading videos:
    http://applian.com/replay-media-catcher/

Gabor Maly likes this.
  13. Gail

Gail Member

If you have access to Options Tribe, there are some recordings available there. Just search on "Group Mentoring".

14. tom

Andrew Falde told me they just added a few payment plans. The details are at http://cdurl.us/jlmc

15. Boomer34

1 day left on this deal...has anyone bought the course/mentoring videos and have any feedback?

16. Tim R

Tim R Active Member

Boomer34 - I didn't buy it but was contemplating it. I watched one of the group mentoring videos Gail mentioned that's stored on Option Tribe. It was John going through a trade from Sept 2014 when there was a lot of realized volatility in the RUT. There wasn't really any interaction with the mentee's, just John showing how he adjusted the trade. That kind of surprised me if that's how the sessions go. It's a real crap shoot to spend $2800 IMO based on what I saw, especially with the added wrinkle that the advice in the sessions might be tied to operate with the greek values from an OptionVue model that no longer exists. Too bad they didn't offer a bit more of a sample of the offerings in the program. On the other hand, the money might be better spent towards hiring John as a 1-1 mentor as he seems really impressive from what I've seen elsewhere.

Andrei and Rick like this.
  17. Andrei

Andrei Well-Known Member

I didn't buy it. I am now in John's new group mentoring program and the first thing he mentioned was it will be different from the pervious one, mainly because it will encourage group discussions and interaction. I also had an opportunity to attend a few of his sessions under his old group mentoring (it was included when I bought M21 bundle). At that time I did not want to continue with the program, it looked like an expanded version of his Monday morning updates.

I would seriously consider it at about 1/3 of the price, but this is too expensive considering all other services I have already purchased from John.

18. Boomer34

After 2 weeks of debating this purchase, I went ahead and took the plunge last night and bought the master class video series.

I am new to the Locke materials, and although it is extremely expensive, I figured that if it shortened the learning curve slightly, or I was able to pick up a few nuggets to implement without "learning the hard way", it would more than pay for the course.

I will report back my feedback over the next month or so...

RayM and Tim R like this.
  19. Andrei

Andrei Well-Known Member

Yes, keep us posted. Do you already have his other courses, i.e. M3, BB, Rock and M21?

Boomer34 likes this.
  20. Boomer34

I have just recently purchased the core courses...but have not even worked through the materials yet.
    Any insight for someone new to Locke?