Quantcast
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Ipad

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Frederick, Feb 20, 2017.

1. Frederick

Frederick New Member

Hi, I just inherited a 4th generation IPAD. Any tips on how to download items from the library?

I can't find an .wrf file player download for Apple. The Apple store wants me to download the entire Webex software suite.

Thanks

2. Harry

Harry Well-Known Member

Do they even have a WRF player for iPad? I think the "entire webex" is only live streaming / live participation and can not work with downloaded files. See the following from last year, as of September they were just saying it is on roadmap but based on the thread start it looks like they had been saying this for 2 years:
    https://communities.cisco.com/thread/48069?tstart=0

3. Harry

Harry Well-Known Member

This was a rhetorical question BTW - I tried and could not make it work and then ended up at the link I mentioned.

4. tom

tom Administrator Staff Member

This is why I produce the ARF files into MP4s...so they can be watched on any device.

Harry likes this.
  5. Frederick

Frederick New Member

Tom, thanks.

6. OutATime

OutATime New Member

Hey Fredrick, I use Google Drive on my iphone/computer. There is a feature that allows you to make MP4s available offline (From your PC) so that you can play them on apple devices. Hope this helps. You will of course have to have google drive installed on your ipad to open the files.

7. Frederick

Frederick New Member

Will check that out. Thanks

8. Harry

Harry Well-Known Member

Oh if you have MP4s, there are probably 100 ways to get them on your iPad.
    The simplest is to push them via iTunes and you can open them in the "TV" app (at least on phone, must be same on iPad).
    If using cloud drives, you can put it on google, or icloud or dropbox - its all the same - it does not use space on your device as the files are always in the cloud.
    Having it local (stored via iTunes) will give much better performance though.