Quantcast
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Importing Tos trades

Discussion in 'OptionVue Forum' started by amikeg, Oct 26, 2016.

1. amikeg

amikeg Member

I seem unable to import my TOS future option trades into Option Vue such as ES or ZB. Am I the only one having this issue or is this a problem of OV?

2. DGH

DGH Administrator

I have been importing without difficulty. However, you must use the correct cycle designation in order for OV to recognize the trade. Perhaps you could provide some detail, and someone can help you.

3. amikeg

amikeg Member

when exporting TOS trades it's a CSV file. I don't have a problem importing index or stock options. Is there a setting in TOS that needs to be setting for OV to import trade?

4. DGH

DGH Administrator

No, it's a CSV file for ES options. What I meant was that the settings in the OV "Define options" must be set to accommodate the TOS file which you exported. If you give details showing how you set up OV for futures options, then someone, possibly myself, could help you.

5. amikeg

amikeg Member

DGH, thanks for your help. I'm sorry I've never done anything with setting up OV for futures. I just export and import my trades. Could you direct me where I need to go and what i should do?

6. DGH

DGH Administrator

1. Start new asset as ES Z6 and ES H7 (note space). Then restart OV.
    2. Define options as in this shot https://snag.gy/yQ6BD5.jpg
    3. Define options as in this shot. Note arrows and the designations. This is critical to get the correct cycle. https://snag.gy/hdilFX.jpg
    4. Do your usual import routine within OV, making sure you select the items to be imported.

Try this. It should work for you. If not, let me know.

7. amikeg

amikeg Member

When I try to import TOS trades , OV says no trades to import. I guess I will play with this again tomorrow.

8. DGH

DGH Administrator

Remember that TOS settings must be set to "default" in order for OV to import.