Quantcast
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

IB Volatility Lab

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by marat, Jan 22, 2015.

1. marat

marat Well-Known Member

Looks like IB has got some nifty looking volatility analysis gadget that works on both equities and futures. I rarely use IB for anything but placing the trades, but this caught my attention
    upload_2015-1-22_9-20-56.png

upload_2015-1-22_9-22-2.png

meyer99 likes this.
  2. ACS

ACS Well-Known Member

There is a live webinar on Feb 3:
    "Join us for an overview of some of the available option tools within TWS. During this session, we will review some possible option trading strategies and view them through IB’s suite of trading labs for a better understanding of how to use the trading labs. We will integrate core concepts from IB’s Probability and Volatility Labs in conjunction with the Option Strategy Scanner as we attempt to identify stocks whose options are actively traded using IB Market Scanners. The webinar is designed to help participants to formulate option strategy ideas and develop their stock price forecasts into option trades using TWS tools."
    And recorded webinars in the education section.

3. tom

tom Administrator Staff Member

Nice find marat!

4. RayM

RayM Well-Known Member

Link to register:
    https://interactivebrokers.webex.co...b85ea9ac7036c638&&&siteurl=interactivebrokers

5. ian_uk

ian_uk Member

Many thanks for the notice as there were plenty of features in the IB scanners and labs I had not realised were there.

6. ACS

ACS Well-Known Member

IB has two more live webinars March 3rd & 10th.

7. Hugh

Hugh Well-Known Member

Marat I trade with IB and never seem to agree with their models especially the risk navigator graph which makes me very uncomfortable.
    Why do you say that you don't use any of their analysis tools? Don't you agree with the data or have you found problems with their models?

8. marat

marat Well-Known Member

I just find them difficult to use. I do most of my analysis in OptionVue

9. Hugh

Hugh Well-Known Member

ok tks for the feedback