Quantcast
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

IB TWS Issue - Anyone else see this?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by AKJ, May 23, 2016.

1. AKJ

AKJ Well-Known Member

I am setting up some spreads to watch for adjustments over the next few days in my IB TWS Mosaic Watchlist/Monitor, and I am having issues with the Generic Combo > Pair or Leg-by-Leg function.

Specifically, I am trying to set up a condor for SPX June 16 2016 expiration with 2090-2080-1950-1930 strikes, but the 1930 strike is missing from the chain. There are quite a few other options that I have an open position in that is not showing up in the chain as well.

Coincidentally, the IB Support Live Chat - which might be the least helpful customer service I have ever experienced - is currently down for maintenance, so I cannot get help directly from IB at this time.

Any suggestions?

2. stevegee58

stevegee58 Well-Known Member

Have you tried the regular TWS (not Mosaic)? Call me an old fogey but I could never get used to the Mosaic.

3. AKJ

AKJ Well-Known Member

Yes Steve, it might be a generational thing. I have tried both and Mosaic is my preferred layout. I may have to switch though, as I was recently informed by IB that Mosaic does not support conditional orders and that I would need to switch to Classic TWS to put in the type of crash-protection orders that have been discussed recently in these forums.

4. Gabor Maly

Gabor Maly Well-Known Member

SPX 1930 as a strike is coming up for me in both Mosaic and Classic and it is available in all weeklies as well. Are you saying that it is not available when you try to combine it into a spread through mosaic or not available at all? Your best bet would be the customer service, I know they are pain sometimes.

5. AKJ

AKJ Well-Known Member

Gabor, I was able to see the strike in some of the functions such as OptionTrader and StrategyBuilder, but specifically did not see it in Generic Combo > Par or Leg-by-Leg. It is my understanding that Pair or Leg-by-Leg is the only way to enter spreads/combo's into your watchlist to track.

After several hours of troubleshooting with IB's Trade Support and then Tech Support (without resolving the issue) the issue was predictably fixed once the market opened. Frustrated that I could not set up my spreads in my watchlist on the weekend, but at least it is working for me now. I will have to check tonight to see if the issue persists.

6. Gabor Maly

Gabor Maly Well-Known Member

OK understood. Using the generic combo does seem to be the only method to add to your watchlist. You may get around this issue by setting it up as an order(using OptionTrader for that ) and sending it in at a price that never gets filled. However then you would need to use the classic layout as I believe you are not able to configure bid/ask/mid columns in the mosaic order tab. Anyway glad it is working now.