Quantcast
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

IB Historical Data Downloader

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Joe A, Mar 15, 2016.

1. Joe A

Joe A Active Member

Does anyone have any experience using the IB Historical Data Download tool sold by http://www.tradinggeeks.net/downloads/ib-data-downloader/ ? It doesn't appear that there is a trial version, so I am wondering how well it works. Specifically, I was interested to see if intraday data on SPX options is available for the last couple of years.

Any feedback would be appreciated. Cost is $99.00, which is a lot if it is quite limited in what can be downloaded.

P.S. I have also written to the web site owner, but would like to receive user feedback as well.

Joe

2. Capt Hobbes

Capt Hobbes Well-Known Member

3. Joe A

Joe A Active Member

Thank you, Capt Hobbes. I find the IB web site confusing on this question. For example, another spot on the IB web site says: "Note: Historical data queries on expired contracts are limited to the last year of the life of the contract." I was going to try out the free IB Excel DDE API, but it only works with 32-bit version of TWS and I have 64-bit installed.

That's why I was hoping to get some feedback from people with direct experience.

4. ooo|ooo

ooo|ooo Active Member

Joe, did you buy the program?

5. Joe A

Joe A Active Member

No, I did not buy the program. I wrote the owner with a couple of questions and he did not reply, so I did not feel comfortable that the product was being maintained or paid attention to.

Joe

6. ooo|ooo

ooo|ooo Active Member

Good to know, thanks!