Quantcast
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

IB Error with RUT Alerts

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by AKJ, Aug 29, 2016.

1. AKJ

AKJ Well-Known Member

For some reason, IB is unable to set Alerts for RUT (my SPX alerts still work fine). I use alerts to receive texts when the underlyings reach certain prices, and on Friday night, I received an email saying my 2 RUT alerts were cancelled.

When I went to set them back up today, I kept receiving a message that said "Market Data not available for Index". IB's tech support said this is a known issue that they are working to fix.

Wanted to provide an FYI for others who use IB and are dealing with the same issue.

2. ACS

ACS Well-Known Member

I think the data for the RUT comes from a different source than the other indices since there are separate fees for CBOE and Russell. I notice that sometimes the RUT data has issues while the other indices are not affected. Just a guess?

3. AKJ

AKJ Well-Known Member

This issue was resolved today. I was able to re-enter my RUT alerts this morning no problem (hope they actually send me a text if the price hits!)