Quantcast
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

How's the 8.27 update working for you?

Discussion in 'OptionVue Forum' started by Lee S, Aug 12, 2017.

1. Lee S

Lee S Member

Starting a new thread to see how the 8.27 OptionVue update is working for all. I haven't installed it yet.

2. BillK

BillK Member

:mad:Got an error message when I updated, so I restarted and the new version had installed. Some of the buttons were covered up by a new button so I deleted 8.27 and went back to 8.26.

3. Rick

Rick Active Member

I updated after keeping complete copy of 8.26. Two things in the release notes looked helpful including the ability to automatically hide unused matrix columns and a somewhat faster use of BackTrader so I gave it a try.
    So far so good except for a pesky "Insufficient price information" message frequently popping up.

4. PK

PK Well-Known Member

8.26 fine; 8.27 so far w/o problems (at least none aded to the ones to the 8.26); anyway, still waiting for live market on Monday to see how the 8.27 works.
    Let's ask OV for some compensation for beta testing ;)

5. Lee S

Lee S Member

I installed 8.27 today and had the same problem with the new checkbox: “Collapse Exps” in the upper right of the Matrix covering most of the "Clear positions, etc." button.
    I've gone back to 8.26 for now.

6. BillK

BillK Member

I've spoken with OV about the Clear positions, etc. button being covered up and they said they would fix it in the next release. You'd think they would have tested it before releasing this update!

7. PK

PK Well-Known Member

There is a quick way to get rid of this problem. Go to matrix format and select a 2-row format for the underlying (futures). This increases the height of the upper section in the matrix, rendering all the tabs visible. I attach a screenshot.

2017-08-22 19_45_16.jpg

8. tom

tom Administrator Staff Member

I sent a suggestion to use an "Actions" dropdown to replace all of those buttons and the check box. We'll see what the next iteration of the UI brings :)