Quantcast
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

How do you use ThinkBack?

Discussion in 'Options' started by TraderBoy, Apr 29, 2016.

1. TraderBoy

TraderBoy New Member

I recently came across ThinkBack by ThinkOrSwim - I like the idea of going back in time and exploring, but I would also love to hear in what situations other people use it and how it fits into your decision-making process.
    Also, any examples where it helped you make a better decision are highly appreciated!

2. Aditya

Aditya Well-Known Member

Other experienced people can probably give a better answer, but I have found it not quite suitable for the type of trades executed by folks in this forum - specifically for looking at the T+0 line and at the risk/graph in the past. It is probably useful for situations where you only need to look at the P/L, greeks etc - but I found it to be at times inaccurate. I also have had mixed luck with OnDemand feature (I don't see any greeks).

TraderBoy likes this.
  3. Kevin Lee

Kevin Lee Well-Known Member

Limited usage. ThinkBack is end of day data. Not accurate enough for back testing. Not sure what else I could use it for.

TraderBoy likes this.
  4. status1

status1 Well-Known Member

Many years ago On demand used to be pretty good You could go back in time and see what would happen if you have made a different adjustment
    Now that it's so slow and without the greeks it's pretty much useless They might as well take it off since I don't think anyone is using it I think they just keep it there for barging rights to show what they have even though it doesn't have any real value

TraderBoy likes this.