Quantcast
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Himanshu Raval, the "Calendar King" WEBSITE OR CLASS INFORMATION ?

Discussion in 'Options' started by Rod M, Feb 6, 2015.

1. Rod M

Rod M Well-Known Member

I just listened to his recent CD presentation and would like to find out more about his class, etc. However Googling the above name and Calendar did not produce any results. Can someone provide a link or more information....thanks.

Also I would like to do more reading on Woodys CCi if anyone has any suggestions....I am currently Googling this as well.

2. ACS

ACS Well-Known Member

He did a presentation in May of 2013 for the SMB Options Tribe on triple calendars. If you are a member, the recording is available.

3. tom

tom Administrator Staff Member

4. Rod M

Rod M Well-Known Member

Thanks. I am not a member of Options Tribe and I do use calendars as part of my trading portfolio...but I am interested in his trade management techniques for calendars.

5. Rod M

Rod M Well-Known Member

If "Stocks and Commodities" magazine would permit, it would be great if you could post the entire article here, as the one on the link you provided was not complete.

6. N N

N N Well-Known Member

Has Himanshu published his historical track record? I believe he said something like 70% last year on one of the vidoes but also mentioned he was on vacation for much of the year. He also seems to trade quiet small (maybe a few hundred bucks per trade) I don't think I live an extravagant life but would assume you need at least 5k/month for a decent income/lifestyle?

7. Rod M

Rod M Well-Known Member

Here is my two cents: I am skeptical of any presentation where the presenter will not present at least one trade and follow it all the way thru from implementation to close. Also, I am always skeptical of anyone claiming extravagant returns...ie 80 percent, 100 percent, etc. These are usually either paper trades or one lot trades where the presenter got lucky. Again, just my opinion.

8. Tim R

Tim R Active Member

I signed up for the trial just to check it out, but I too am skeptical. I couldn't make it to the live webinar, but if I were there, I would have asked about his motivation for running this service. It seems like a lot of work. If he's identified a profitable trading style, he can obviously make more than whatever he can bring in through the service unless he gets hundreds of subscribers. On the other hand, maybe he seeks a bigger sense of purpose by helping to make the trading community better. I'm an optimist and hope for the latter.
    Tim

9. Rod M

Rod M Well-Known Member

Tim: I hope that you and anyone else who signs up for the service will tell us about your results. i am not a calendar trader, but I never say never....thanks.

10. N N

N N Well-Known Member

Skepticism is healthy and should be encouraged in any newsletter/trade service. I've tried em all out and found just doing my own thing works best. But I always keep an open mind! 10 years of trading your own account can get boring and perhaps looking for another source of income? Either way, hopefully on this forum we can get some due diligence done.

What is really interesting is that he is long vega, granted there's a vega weighting attached to it, but unlike M3 which make money off theta/short vega, he implies that he makes his money of delta? Which would imply he is directionally more often correct, which would ALSO beg the question, why calendar spreads and not something with more delta (credit spread, etc?) Is he only trading cheap calendars (in term structure?) or is it just a general rule of -200 bps difference...interesting presentation but lots of questions remain...first and foremost in my mind, what is the historical performance in real trading!

11. tom

tom Administrator Staff Member

I'm building a database table to track the trades performance. I'll publish the results as they become available.

12. Kevin Lee

Kevin Lee Well-Known Member

I agree 100%. Having been through so many different trading courses, I will not trust any coach, guru, etc... unless they can show me real trades updated at least on a weekly basis and show me real-life track record for couple years.

Now I follow John Locke because he goes through his trade weekly on Youtube absolutely free as well as OptionsTribe. Those trades are done according to the trade plan. He shows the wins and the loses as they happen. There's nothing to hide. Because of that I dedicated a large chunk of my capital to trading John's strategies. Another person who opens up his trade live is Tony Sizemore in his Options Element trading room. I'm sure there are others, but I think we do need more coaches like them. Powerpoint and carefully selected back-testing examples are not sufficient in my opinion.

This comment is nothing against Himanshu but rather my general opinion. I'm sure Himanshu is a great trader and I've watched him trade calendars since many years ago in Sheridan community. I don't have calendars in my portfolio because I find managing IV skews between months very challenging. I do hope Himanshu will show his live trades like John Locke. I'm happy to add calendar to my arsenal.

Kaiwen Xiao, N N and Wes Y like this.
  13. Edward

Edward Well-Known Member

Now that Himanshu's class has started for several weeks I like to know how it's doing. Market is going down. I heard thru the graph vine he has a calander in IBM and the RUT. I am more interested in how a trade system handles the stress. I haven't decided to sign up yet so I don't know about how the current trades are doing. :cool:

14. Kaiwen Xiao

Kaiwen Xiao Member

do you suggest John's course.? does he have alert serv?

Last edited: Mar 6, 2015
  15. Rod M

Rod M Well-Known Member

I second that motion....

16. Avi

Avi Member

I also would be interested in the score card as one of the members had suggested. I had a few questions on the alert service and posed the same via e mail and sorry to say that I have had no response from Himasnhu. As a new member to this group I was assessing the provider of alert service if he would be responsive to the potential members. Disappointed!
    Don Sheridan is a great mentor and an excellent teacher where he runs every situation with real live example, he has several ongoing classes on Calendars and other spread strategies. His webinars are available on youtube.

17. Elad

Elad Member

Guys, why are you wondering so much. Just sign up for 15 days trial to his program and find out for yourself. The trades just began and they are not closed yet. Cheers.

18. Avi

Avi Member

May be Elad, that solution might work for you. If a service is offered for intermediate to advanced traders there is a higher expectation of the structure of the platform and service. Those have been briefly spelled out on this thread by some of the members. You want to know what is the edge and how you can be competent in acquiring and understanding that edge. At this level, it is hard to go window-shopping just to try out! There will be no end to that as my sense is that there are dime a dozen program that offers the same promise of a better alert service! Asking for a at least score card is a very valid request irrespective of the level of the program, that would provide some credence to the program offered.

19. Elad

Elad Member

Avi, I am probably not a seasoned trader such as yourself. Nevertheless, there is no score card given here. If you want to find out more about this program, register, you will not lose anything and you might get some info that will help you. Today for example, Himanshu, had a webinar for the members of this service explaining his method. The reasoning behind opening his trades, adjusting, and closing. It's recorded and will be on the site so you can still register now and listen to it. There will be more webinars to further explain.You can ask for whatever you want but if he does not have it or does not share it, it's his choice. By the way, in my humble short experience, I saw gurus that supposedly shared their wonderful score card only to find out later that it was not worth much so it can go either way. Another thing, it's Dan Sheridan and not Don but you are right, he is a great trader. Cheers.

20. Edward

Edward Well-Known Member

Elad, How do you know that Himanshu did a webinar today? How do you know about what he said in the webinar? I cannot find anything about a webinar Himanshu did today as a none member of his calander service. The newest webinar I found done by Himanshu was in Late February. I assume you are a member? I was the orginal poster who posted a question about the current results of the calander service. The service is so new that I didn't expect any finished trades yet! I was was asking a question about the CURRENT status of the open trade/trades. I asked the question becased the market crashed today and was interested in how well the trades did in real time. I imagine today was the first down market stress test. I like to see an up market stress test some day as well. I know that his trades last 30 plus days. I was looking for an ongoing real time score or at least a delayed score so to speak. John Locke gives a delayed video score to the general public. He is unusual in that he even provides some of the play recap to none members I don't expect a play recap like John Locke, but it wouldn't hurt to have a running Profit/Loss post of current Calander trades for the public. (I don't think John Locke provide details of his adjustment parameters on his presentations to the general public.) The calander trade is not like a 4 hour football game. This is a 30+ day trade. It would be nice to have a running unrealized profit/loss and possibility a risk graph from time to time. Waiting 30+ days for the final score is a bit long. Actually if the running scores are good it could attract more subscribers. Hopefully not too many ;).
    Finally I think I "might" know you Elad. Are you the Elad from Israel? We crazy option guys seem to bump into each other on every option site ;).