Quantcast
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Futures options on OV

Discussion in 'OptionVue Forum' started by Teddy, Aug 23, 2017.

1. Teddy

Teddy Well-Known Member

Does OV have future options?

2. Bryan Doyle

Bryan Doyle Well-Known Member

3. Teddy

Teddy Well-Known Member

That sounds good. I have a small position in IB and using ONE which does not have futures options.

4. PK

PK Well-Known Member

According to ONE, futures options on ONE should be available in a "forthcoming" update. Who knows when? The ONE futures options capabilities are in beta testing for already some months.

5. Rtb

Rtb Well-Known Member

I emailed ONE about the Futures Options data, 1-2 weeks ago and its available in the latest update.

6. PK

PK Well-Known Member

Great news! Thanks for the info!

7. Teddy

Teddy Well-Known Member

They have this on Beta. I downloaded it and trying it out.

Last edited: Aug 24, 2017
  8. Teddy

Teddy Well-Known Member

There is a cool feature in ONE. It is the selection of different traders and combining the view. So, you might have two separate trades. For example one are the calls and the other are the puts. You can combine the two together to see the combined view.

9. Fabrizio

Fabrizio New Member

when you say option on futures you mean equity futures only or something else? CL, ZC, ZS, fx futures, gold...etc...?
    thank u

10. Gabor Maly

Gabor Maly Well-Known Member

ONE now provides equity, commodity and currency futures as well just like OV does.....no volatility derivatives in ONE as far as I can see as of yet.

11. Fabrizio

Fabrizio New Member

thank you for answer Gabor
    it means that i can run backtests on option strategies based on commodities?

12. Gabor Maly

Gabor Maly Well-Known Member

yes but with the following caveat:
    • NEW Futures integration. The following restrictions apply to this version:
    • No span margin at present.
    • Only TOS data feed supported for LIVE data.
    • Only 8 months of historical data (more will be loaded as testing progresses).