Quantcast
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

For all of us getting killed on the upside this week, this may be the reason

Discussion in 'Options' started by AKJ, Feb 16, 2017 at 6:59 PM.

1. AKJ

AKJ Well-Known Member

2. TOPS

TOPS New Member

3. AKJ

AKJ Well-Known Member

according to whom?

so sorry for sharing a story about options markets that I thought the community of active posters might find interesting.

4. TOPS

TOPS New Member

sorry if i offended you - that was not my intent. Zero hedge is notorious; they are not a respected news source. There are fundamental market drivers that have taken us higher the past few days.

5. AKJ

AKJ Well-Known Member

i am well aware of the limits to zerohedge's reliability. it also requires only a bit a back-of-the-envelope math to see that the dollar losses experienced by this fund could cause meaningful distortions in options markets.

6. Marcas

Marcas Well-Known Member

I found 'Catalyst' story pretty interesting, not so much because of it's market influence but because of it's history. I wish to see more details.
    I wonder if Mr Walczak would benefit from reading this forum :)

7. status1

status1 Well-Known Member

Really ?
    This is the only reason the market has been going up ?
    So the Presidential election had nothing to do with it ?

8. Harry

Harry Active Member

Zerohedge is a propaganda shop but quite a few times I like their take and many a times they are right also - nothing like taking a pinch of truth(iness) and writing a 4 page story to sell ads. Not sure how true this story is but the market pricing right now is an outlier amongst outliers. My conspiracy theory is that this is a scheme to own Trump - take the market high, then crash it until he begs for help from Paul Ryan and the bankers to fix it, and in return they get what they want - all their agenda and none of trump's. Maybe I am wrong but wait and watch.

9. AKJ

AKJ Well-Known Member

10. tman

tman Active Member